U.S. Politics

maqroll

Political violence is not good. If killing Trump had been successful in changing the election, there’s a real danger it would become more widespread in future elections. And if it doesn’t succeed, it’s just making Trump more likely to get elected.

That said, I do have a bit of a “you reap what you sow” attitude towards politicians advocating for looser gun laws and normalising political violence. So I struggle to find much sympathy for Trump himself, I’m mostly concerned about how this is very bad for the US when you start considering the bigger picture.

Edited by Panto_Villan

Trump’s version of when Boris Johnson pretended to nearly die of COVID? 

The Americans always do things bigger and better don’t they.

• Haha 2

May as well cancel the election now, and just hand the keys over to Trump.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

His supporters are genuinely going to think it was divine intervention aren’t they 😭

Of course they would, just like if the attempt was on biden

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Shooter named as Thomas Matthew Crooks. 

Doesn't sound very Chinese. 

At first on internet was Antifa guy Mark Violets. Suspected was early BS

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

May as well cancel the election now, and just hand the keys over to Trump.

I think there will be this sort of talk from the media in the next few days but I'm not sure why this would make someone vote for trump who wasn't going to vote before this. 

He's an incredibly dangerous man and the world will be a worse place if he wins again. This doesn't change that. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think there will be this sort of talk from the media in the next few days but I'm not sure why this would make someone vote for trump who wasn't going to vote before this. 

He's an incredibly dangerous man and the world will be a worse place if he wins again. This doesn't change that. 

I’m just surprised that Trump would want to take part in an election process again that he is so sure was completely rigged against him last time 🤔 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

His supporters are genuinely going to think it was divine intervention aren’t they 😭

They are well galvanised now, in the name of Donald Jeebus Trump.

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It gets more people out to vote from his side. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

It gets more people out to vote from his side. 

Does it? Surely the MAGA lot were committed to voting for him anyway. 

I can't imagine loads of undecided or independent voters now deciding this is their man. 

I think it will spur a lot of emotion in people over the next few days but I'd be surprised if it made a massive difference come November. 

I just can't imagine significant number of people saying I'm now going to vote for him because some lunatic took a shot at him.

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For sure, and this could possibly make him even more dangerous. But, I fear, you are speaking on behalf of rational and sensible Americans.

Trump is my third least liked human after Putin and Infantino. I had always thought the worst possible thing would be if Trump was assassinated, as he will be held up as a martyr of some sorts. As for the other two, fire away.

You can be sure, the Republicans and their associated Magalites will turn up to vote. Democrats, they are a bit fickle. If things are not going their way, they may protest in their stupid way by not bothering to vote, and then whine about moving to another country because they are not happy with the result. As for the undecideds, the swinging voters, Trump, if he milks it right, may win some sympathy votes. 

Biden had a (winnable) battle on his hands prior to this. Now, I would say Trump has a definite edge. Because, Murica.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â