U.S. Politics

maqroll

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s only 2 options in the US so by reminding the voters that one of the options is a criminal who hates them is as good, if not better, than telling them to vote for you.

Saying that, the video does state that the Democrats are lowering healthcare costs and making big corporations pay their fair share of tax which are 2 good reasons to vote for someone.

The thing is we are assuming americans are dumb. Unless you been living under a rock for last few months everyone knows trumps been charged. The more they do things to trump the more popular he becomes 

My strategy would showing the facts how things were pretty under the democrats than when trump was in charge than solely focusing on attacking him

Yes your last paragraph- is good they should be doing more like that

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is we are assuming americans are dumb. Unless you been living under a rock for last few months everyone knows trumps been charged. The more they do things to trump the more popular he becomes 

My strategy would showing the facts how things were pretty under the democrats than when trump was in charge than solely focusing on attacking him

As mentioned, the idea behind the video is not to sway the MAGA mentalists, it’s to sway some of those undecided. 

It wasn’t solely attacking Trump as mentioned. They are lowering the cost of medical care and bringing in taxes from big corporations (I haven’t checked how valid those claims are).

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

My strategy would showing the facts how things were pretty under the democrats than when trump was in charge

That has been their tactic pretty much 99% of the time to date but that message isn’t getting through so it looks like they will do that 90% of the time and attack him the other 10% of the time.

There was even a stat I saw a month or two ago where in a poll that more Americans thought Trump had done more to save abortion rights than Biden.  I mean how the hell can Americans think that given Roe vs Wade was overturned and Trump claiming credit for it.

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That has been their tactic pretty much 99% of the time to date but that message isn’t getting through so it looks like they will do that 90% of the time and attack him the other 10% of the time.

There was even a stat I saw a month or two ago where in a poll that more Americans thought Trump had done more to save abortion rights than Biden.  I mean how the hell can Americans think that given Roe vs Wade was overturned and Trump claiming credit for it.

Personally im stunned they havent removed biden. Im pretty sure if they went with michelle obama should win easily against trump. Newsom i cant stand but i think he would probably beat trump too.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally im stunned they havent removed biden. Im pretty sure if they went with michelle obama should win easily against trump. Newsom i cant stand but i think he would probably beat trump too.

I guess it’s the risk of how the public would react to some change. Whilst Biden is clearly well past his best he’s probably going to win.

Trump would be all over the instability of a late change of candidate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Michelle Obama hates politics, she’s really against having to do with it.  It’s a misconception that she wants or even can be convinced to do it.

I think changing would be a disaster, the upheaval and the new material the right would have to fling at the new candidate.  

You don’t change the incumbent unless you have to and I don’t think they had a candidate that would garner more voters than they would lose.  

Neither Biden or Trump should be in this contest but you have to play the odds and the game when you in it and changing the incumbent imo would cause more change of failing…I would only say this in a battle against Trump.  

Any other GOP candidate and I would’ve agreed with you but this contest I can’t.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I won't call them dumb but a lot of Americans, and people in general, are risky disconnected from politics and need in general. If this ad flips a switch or makes them think for 30 seconds it might be enough to sway them.

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Recently Trump was giving some stick to Biden about his memory by referencing trumps own cognitive test. The very next sentence got the name of the Dr who gave him the test wrong.

27 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Recently Trump was giving some stick to Biden about his memory by referencing trumps own cognitive test. The very next sentence got the name of the Dr who gave him the test wrong.

Yeah he’s done it twice, talking about taking the cognitive test with Ronny Jackson but calling him Ronny Johnson.  You just can’t make it up can you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Be cool if he forgot how to breathe 

Can you imagine the maggots when he dies? Everything is already a conspiracy.

Posted (edited)

We've got some weirdos here. Sneaky passive aggression par excellence. It's a state legislator in Vermont -- Mary Morrissey -- pouring water into her colleague's bag. What's the British equivalent of a Vermont state legislator -- oh, I don't know, some big fish in the West of England, I'd say, a Somerset councillor or someone like that?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

On 17/06/2024 at 12:40, Rds1983 said:

spacer.png

Yeah, you can say Americans are "dumb" now that Starmer is coming in, but you lot have years of Rishi, Boris, and that Leave vote to live down first. 😉😁

• Like 4

I think they should do the presidential debate in a warm room, with both candidates in comfortable, soft armchairs in front of an open fire. They should ask the questions really softly, perhaps offer a warm drink and then wait until both of them gently fall asleep - I think a couple of hours of watching two old men contentedly snooze could be just the de-escalation that US politics needs. The country would be a better place the next day.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â