U.S. Politics

maqroll

Democrats have a lot of talented people who can do it (but it will newsom i think who i think is a greasy con artist)

My prediction is in next american election its newsom vs de santis

Edited by Demitri_C

8 hours ago, limpid said:

I agree. But the person supplying the security briefings cannot knowingly give the secrets of the state to someone that they do not believe will act in the country's interests. That would be sedition or treason.

While I agree with you in principle, no one/no entity has the power to withhold secrets of the state from a duly elected POTUS. Security briefings- as in, who can receive them- are in the purview of the Executive Branch. Anyone who tried would be immediately fired and would likely end up in prison. 

If you’re talking about withholding security briefings from a candidate, a president can do that but it would be going in the face of nearly 80 years of precedent 

19 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

While I agree with you in principle, no one/no entity has the power to withhold secrets of the state from a duly elected POTUS. Security briefings- as in, who can receive them- are in the purview of the Executive Branch. Anyone who tried would be immediately fired and would likely end up in prison. 

Fired possibly, but what could they be charged with that would attach a prison sentence? Also as most intelligence comes from outside of the executive branch, they probably can't be sacked.

21 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

If you’re talking about withholding security briefings from a candidate, a president can do that but it would be going in the face of nearly 80 years of precedent 

I'm not. I'm still not sure that the military can take orders from a felon. Being president is specifically not like being king. The things that have happened in the past and have become normal are not by way of rights nor the constitution. Roe v Wade shows what precedent is worth.

It's like the asinine thing people are saying about "let the people decide". No. If people do illegal things, that is not for the people to decide, it's for the legislative branch to decide. Mob rule is only right by coincidence.

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

Fired possibly, but what could they be charged with that would attach a prison sentence? Also as most intelligence comes from outside of the executive branch, they probably can't be sacked.

I'm not. I'm still not sure that the military can take orders from a felon. Being president is specifically not like being king. The things that have happened in the past and have become normal are not by way of rights nor the constitution. Roe v Wade shows what precedent is worth.

It's like the asinine thing people are saying about "let the people decide". No. If people do illegal things, that is not for the people to decide, it's for the legislative branch to decide. Mob rule is only right by coincidence.

The military absolutely can and would take orders from a felon, unfortunately. If the specific orders are illegal, perhaps not (in which case they would resign instead of outright refusing the order, a la Nixon’s Saturday Night Massacre), but they can’t turn down an order from a POTUS simply because he/she committed an unrelated felony in the past

Not arguing with you, but it seems you are talking about how things should operate vs. how they actually do

I’m about to hit the road for an overnight trip (to see Elvis Costello/Daryl Hall) so this should be my last post on this for a bit 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Democrats have a lot of talented people who can do it (but it will newsom i think who i think is a greasy con artist)

My prediction is in next american election its newsom vs de santis

I don’t think Newsom will play outside of California. Hell, there are big chunks of our state in which he doesn’t play 🤣 He wouldn’t stand a prayer in the south and the majority of the midwest 

DeSantis is human garbage 

20 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I don’t think Newsom will play outside of California. Hell, there are big chunks of our state in which he doesn’t play 🤣 He wouldn’t stand a prayer in the south and the majority of the midwest 

Who do you think it will be its not either of those two?

I do hear from alot of my friends who live in California newsome has absolutely destroyed that city

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Who do you think it will be its not either of those two?

I do hear from alot of my friends who live in California newsome has absolutely destroyed that city

No idea. And mind you I’m not saying it won’t be Newsom, just saying he won’t fare well in the hinterlands

i have lived in California for 28 years and I wouldn’t say he has done anything close to destroying the state. There are definitely issues here, to say the least, but these things are beyond the power of any CA governor. In this state governors seem to receive the blame for everything bad but are never credited with anything good. 

28 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

There are definitely issues here, to say the least, but these things are beyond the power of any CA governor. In this state governors seem to receive the blame for everything bad but are never credited with anything good. 

Sounds very much like regional mayors in England, especially London. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

No idea. And mind you I’m not saying it won’t be Newsom, just saying he won’t fare well in the hinterlands

i have lived in California for 28 years and I wouldn’t say he has done anything close to destroying the state. There are definitely issues here, to say the least, but these things are beyond the power of any CA governor. In this state governors seem to receive the blame for everything bad but are never credited with anything good. 

the people i know are all die hard Democrats and they say he has been a terrible governor. Coming up with  crazy legislation 

One of the controversial ones is giving free legal aid to illegal immigrants through the state budget. Which is deeply unpopular.

This one sounds horrific as a parent -

Taking Children Away from Parents (AB 665): Newsom and state Democrats passed AB 665 which makes it easier for children as young as 12 to be taken away from their parents. Existing state law required that a child could only be removed and “emancipated” if a licensed therapist or health professional determined that abuse or neglect was occurring that posed a threat to the child in the parents’ home and the child was mature enough to govern their own affairs. AB 665 removes any need to show abuse, neglect or a threat – and allows even an “intern” or “trainee” to make the decision! Perhaps one of the most reckless and anti-parent bills ever conceived is now law. i dont know how any parent can support that garbage.

I was also reading about how he cleared all the  massive amount of homeless in san Francisco because a Chinese  president xi was coming into town. He sounds like a weasel to me.

Im sure the Democrats can do alot better than him 

12 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Not arguing with you, but it seems you are talking about how things should operate vs. how they actually do

I’m about to hit the road for an overnight trip (to see Elvis Costello/Daryl Hall) so this should be my last post on this for a bit 

12 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

You drive really fast 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah thats really going to change peoples minds on trump 

Thats **** awful

Can’t agree, I liked it.  Factual, to the point and still plays in the undecideds that Trump is a felon.  It won’t change MAGA, it won’t change Biden fan club but moderates have to decide if they want to vote for a felon.  However you feel about the advert it gets the message across.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t agree, I liked it.  Factual, to the point and still plays in the undecideds that Trump is a felon.  It won’t change MAGA, it won’t change Biden fan club but moderates have to decide if they want to vote for a felon.  However you feel about the advert it gets the message across.

Yeah, same here I just watched that and thought it was perfect. Short, factual and to the point.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep, in the US you have to accept that MAGA isn't going to shift in huge numbers based on advertising. It really is the middle ground undecideds that should and need to be targeted

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But the main focus is on trump - telling everyone what everyone already knows about him. Should be focusing on what your party intends to do as part of your plan.

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But the main focus is on trump - telling everyone what everyone already knows about him. Should be focusing on what your party intends to do as part of your plan.

That hasn’t worked for Biden up until now.  Trump and Republicans continue to lie about the state of things and policies so Biden and the Dems are struggling to get the message through because the truth is being blurred.  

Biden has to go on the offensive which while talking about his policies he also needs to do things like this and really play on do the moderates want a felon in the White House, do they want a person who through Civil action has been found to have committed sexual assault, do they want a person whose been found liable for financial fraud…and he has other court cases still to go.  

Despite either policies do they want this kind of person in the White House….surely this will turn a % of moderates off Trump.

I agree it should be based on policies but Trump has changed that arena and Biden has finally decided to put on the gloves because the strategy of focusing on policies has been lost in the other crap going on and Biden is at best level with Trump in the polls so needs to add a new tactic like this.  Nobody wants this tactic but needs must.

Edited by nick76

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There’s only 2 options in the US so by reminding the voters that one of the options is a criminal who hates them is as good, if not better, than telling them to vote for you.

Saying that, the video does state that the Democrats are lowering healthcare costs and making big corporations pay their fair share of tax which are 2 good reasons to vote for someone.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â