U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Oh America, why?

_130580108_fte_poll_average_bars_31july2

Insane isn't it. The guy who tried to being democracy down. 

I'm far more interested in polls on Trump v Whoever Democrats choose to be fair 

If he's gets in again then the world and especially USA is truly ****. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

Insane isn't it. The guy who tried to being democracy down. 

I'm far more interested in polls on Trump v Whoever Democrats choose to be fair 

If he's gsts in agsin then the world and especially USA is truly ****. 

The story on the BBC was saying that all the legal indictments, and new ones in the pipeline are actually strengthening his position :bang:

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

The story on the BBC was saying that all the legal indictments, and new ones in the pipeline are actually strengthening his position :bang:

People say it and I always thought it was dramatic, but the US is barrelling towards a split/civil war.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Oh America, why?

_130580108_fte_poll_average_bars_31july2

Because bidens shit?

Not saying trumps good just look at bidens popularity and you see why.

They need to get rid of biden asap and a new leader to take on trump/de santis as i think biden loses next election 

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Because bidens shit?

Not saying trumps good just look at bidens popularity and you see why

this is popularity for GOP candidates only, absolutely nothing to do with Biden, or even the Democrats.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, meregreen said:

If Charles Manson was still alive, he would have given Trump a run for his money in todays GOP. Truly appalling how low that Party has fallen.

Charles Manson only murdered seven people, which is substantially fewer than most Presidents.

In his book Presidents' Body Counts Al Carroll lists the worst.

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-twelve-worst-us-presidents-based-on-body-counts/dralcarroll

The new book Presidents' Body Counts: The Twelve Worst and Four Best American Presidents Based on How Many Lived or Died uses a humanitarian standard, not a political one. Nixon, Reagan, and Jackson all played a direct role in genocide against Cambodians, Central Americans, and Native tribes. Polk, Fillmore, Clinton, and Ford all ignored genocides against California Indians, Rwandans, and East Timor. Truman, McKinley, GW Bush, and Andrew Johnson all caused huge numbers of deaths by incredible incompetence in the Cold War, the Filipino War, the Iraq and Afghan Wars, and Reconstruction.

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because bidens shit?

Not saying trumps good just look at bidens popularity and you see why.

They need to get rid of biden asap and a new leader to take on trump/de santis as i think biden loses next election 

If Trump wins the Republican nomination there is no way Biden loses for the sheer fact that despite Biden’s mediocre popularity there is another group of voters who will support anybody but Trump.  Trump only plays to his base and keeps further alienating not only the Dems but also the floaters/independents/undecided voters.

I don’t think DeSantis does much better because he has the personality of a plank of wood and struggles under being questioned.  The biggest assets that Biden has is the Dems are currently strong together, Biden’s admin has completed a lot and Biden is just bland hence why the MAGA GOP is so focused on Hunter Biden. 

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

If Trump wins the Republican nomination there is no way Biden loses for the sheer fact that despite Biden’s mediocre popularity there is another group of voters who will support anybody but Trump.  Trump only plays to his base and keeps further alienating not only the Dems but also the floaters/independents/undecided voters.

I don’t think DeSantis does much better because he has the personality of a plank of wood and struggles under being questioned.  The biggest assets that Biden has is the Dems are currently strong together, Biden’s admin has completed a lot and Biden is just bland hence why the MAGA GOP is so focused on Hunter Biden. 

Im not sure nick i think trump has a bigger following than we think.

I think trunp would do better than de santis vote wise.  I think de santis will win the vote over trump though

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sure nick i think trump has a bigger following than we think.

Maybe but I just don’t see it mate, I think his base is stronger behind him but his influence over the floating Republican fans is fading.  They obviously won’t for Biden but will they bother at all.  Whereas Trump has riled up the opposition again.

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Trump just indicted for January 6th. 

Is there a nutty judge or official somewhere in the process that's likely to get him off the hook?

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Is there a nutty judge or official somewhere in the process that's likely to get him off the hook?

Obama-apppointed judge. A scathing indictment. A D.C. jury should be good for a conviction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Trump Jan. 6 Indictment, Annotated

The Justice Department unveiled an indictment on Tuesday charging former President Donald J. Trump with four criminal counts. They relate to Mr. Trump’s attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election, which culminated in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

The New York Times is annotating the document.

The Trump Jan. 6 Indictment, Annotated - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

For all our sakes we need Trump to go down and for his cult followers to wake up. Trump returned equals Fascism in America and PutinFascism rampant in Europe.

Yup. I feel like Americans of goodwill have a duty to fight Trump and Trumpism before it's too late. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

For all our sakes we need Trump to go down and for his cult followers to wake up. Trump returned equals Fascism in America and PutinFascism rampant in Europe.

As long as him going down doesn't galvanise them and turn him more into a messiah like figure.

Part of me would prefer he runs and is just utterly humiliated, with that being the nail in the coffin for his movement. 

Stopping whoever will come next too.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â