U.S. Politics

maqroll

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Looking pretty rough for Trump, especially with the Georgia election fraud case and the January 6 sedition case still looming. The judge in Miami is a Trump appointee, so we'll see how this develops. Nothing here is a sure shot. He will delay at every turn and whip his supporters into a violent frenzy as he campaigns for president, can you believe it. I'm just not sure any of these cases go to trial before inauguration day, and I'm not sure what would happen if he's elected again. If he's forced out of the race and DeSantis is elected president, DeSantis will pardon Trump the day he is convicted. I hope this goes to trial ASAP in order to force him out of the race, either through a plea deal, or a conviction, sentencing and imprisonment, but we're running out of time, thanks to Merrick Garland doing **** all about Trump for two years.

I’m not sure even Ron could pardon him for these ones. Am I being naive?

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Didn't Biden also have issues with missing secret files from when he was vice President or was that something different? 

Biden and Pence, in light of the Trump documents drama, had their lawyers parse through files to retrieve any classified material, and hand it over to DOJ, whereas Trump had denied multiple requests over a year to return documents they knew he took.

But the optics don't look great in my opinion for Biden and Pence, and I would like better answers about why they had what they had, and what it was, exactly. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’m not sure even Ron could pardon him for these ones. Am I being naive?

Ford pardoned Nixon one month after taking over as president, so the precedent has been set. I doubt DeSantis ever gets elected, but if he were elected, the easy play for him would be a full pardon for Trump to consolidate the MAGA zombie support. But if this campaign gets really personal and ugly, a President DeSantis might just let Trump sit in a cell for a while.

38 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’ve just ordered one of those to wear on the beach in Florida in a few weeks. If I don’t post on VT in July, presume I got shot. 

Thoughts and Prayers*

*Because you're going to Florida

He is once again pleading for money from his supporters for his legal expenses. You are going to have people without a pot to piss in sending this self serving, multi millionaire, money. The mind boggles.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He is once again pleading for money from his supporters for his legal expenses. You are going to have people without a pot to piss in sending this self serving, multi millionaire, money. The mind boggles.

Also see Evangelists. 

Trump is like a religion to many of them it seems. 

As always I expect nothing will come of this as far as jail time goes. If it goes to trial it will be appealed again and again and so it will drag until he's too old to go to jail. Any sentence to be served in home arrest in Florida with a special get out of jail golf pass. Don't even expect it to hinder him from running for president.

Love to be wrong thou. 

22 minutes ago, sne said:

As always I expect nothing will come of this as far as jail time goes. If it goes to trial it will be appealed again and again and so it will drag until he's too old to go to jail. Any sentence to be served in home arrest in Florida with a special get out of jail golf pass. Don't even expect it to hinder him from running for president.

Love to be wrong thou. 

It's hard not to assume this because so far the man has never faced serious consequences. 

But if what he's done isn't worthy of jail time then it sets an incredibly dangerous prescendent in the future. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But if what he's done isn't worthy of jail time then it sets an incredibly dangerous president in the future. 

FTFY 

• Like 1

Genuinely terrifying that about 40% of us electorate have no problems at all with all of Trump's legal issues and in arranging an armed insurrection of a valid presidential election.

This will cement his nomination without a doubt and Biden has to appear energetic enough for floating democrats to vote for him a second time.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Genuinely terrifying that about 40% of us electorate have no problems at all with all of Trump's legal issues and in arranging an armed insurrection of a valid presidential election.

This will cement his nomination without a doubt and Biden has to appear energetic enough for floating democrats to vote for him a second time.

I think 40% is very high.Even at his peak he didn’t get 50% of the electorate that voted to back him and that was before his legal issues. 25% of registered voters didn’t even vote in 2016, so he didn’t even achieve 37.5% even then.

He's likely down as low as 25% of registered voters supporting him now and even that is probably generous.

These new charges are something else again, even worse than the insurrection. He literally stole the US nuclear secrets, he put the defence capability of the entire country they love so much at risk and there is every chance he was prepared to sell those on to another power

I'm very curious as to how his polling figures get affected by this

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think 40% is very high.Even at his peak he didn’t get 50% of the electorate that voted to back him and that was before his legal issues. 25% of registered voters didn’t even vote in 2016, so he didn’t even achieve 37.5% even then.

He's likely down as low as 25% of registered voters supporting him now and even that is probably generous.

These new charges are something else again, even worse than the insurrection. He literally stole the US nuclear secrets, he put the defence capability of the entire country they love so much at risk and there is every chance he was prepared to sell those on to another power

When Trump gets chosen as the Republican candidate and he is allowed to run I can't see him getting less than 40% of the vote.  Bush Sr. was the last person to do that because Perot ran as a third candidate. I am fascinated to see how pretty sensible people will justify themselves in voting for him. The greater good.

The US seems to be a post truth society with a significant minority not watching mainstream media and convince themselves it is all a conspiracy in a vast online echo chamber.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

When Trump gets chosen as the Republican candidate and he is allowed to run I can't see him getting less than 40% of the vote.  Bush Sr. was the last person to do that because Perot ran as a third candidate. I am fascinated to see how pretty sensible people will justify themselves in voting for him. The greater good.

I hope he does get the nomination, it's an absolute slam dunk that he'll lose and by more than he lost by last time. He doesn’t have a path to an upward trajectory, he can only lose more and more votes now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I don’t understand the mindset, I really don’t. Who in their right mind “donates” money to a billionaire? 

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

donald-trump-fake-news.gif

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If you were still supporting Trump as recently as Thursday, the indictment details aren't going to be the moment of clarity that makes you move on from him. They think it's all a Democrat Deep State hit job. Or, they know he's committed these crimes, but simply don't care. He is their savior. That's why so many of them are calling for war, including two congressmen. 

He's now approaching a second case of Treason. Why is this man not in jail? 500 years ago he would have had his head lopped off 3 times by now. 

Not that I approve of capital punishment, but I'm trying to point out the seriousness of inciting a coup d'etat, and effectively hoarding classified nuclear and defence documents, while having previously had strong links with Putin. 

I personally hate Trump for the way he p***ed all over environmental legislation and withdrew from the Paris agreement, but there's something for everyone to loathe.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â