U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 11/05/2023 at 16:39, nick76 said:

I completely agree, it’s massive but some reason it’s not seen as exciting which I don’t see why it hasn’t been lauded more.

I’ve said it before in this thread that the job Biden and his admin is doing is underrated. 

• Like 2

Ron Desantis today.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65627756

"What we've said in Florida is we are going to remain a refuge of sanity and a citadel of normalcy."

And they say Americans don't do irony etc.

From 2015 - 2020 we were in a post truth world.

Now we are in a world where hatred is dressed up as values & virtue. I don't believe it's just the US too, even if it has helped fan the flames.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Ron Desantis today.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65627756

And they say Americans don't do irony etc.

From 2015 - 2020 we were in a post truth world.

Now we are in a world where hatred is dressed up as values & virtue. I don't believe it's just the US too, even if it has helped fan the flames.

Could at least part of this is down to Russian meddling in the 2016 election? 

It feels like conservative America not only bought into the disruptive lies peddled by Russian bot farms, but adopted them as core values.

20 hours ago, HKP90 said:

It feels like conservative America not only bought into the disruptive lies peddled by Russian bot farms, but adopted them as core values.

I think that’s putting the cart before the horse. Russia didn’t invent the issues, they watched what Americans were arguing about already and just added more voices in the mix. 

20 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I think there's a lot of evidence to support this. There's been so much in fact that it's hard to remember it all. That's part of the play book used so effectively by Trump. Tell so many lies and have so many scandals that your opponents don't know where to focus and you supporters just cheer everything because they're on your team - ethics and morals go out of the window. Russian influence has shown up is so many places.

Since 2015 it's felt like we are all involved in some sort of PSYOP. The purpose of which is to divide everyone - divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book. It's clear that Russia has been pulling many of those strings.

From what I know about De Santis I actually think it might be better if Trump wins the Republican nomination.

Obviously hopefully either loses the election but I think De Santis' America would be an even nastier one and he'd deliver it in a much more statesmanly and more legitimate appearing way than Trump too.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

From what I know about De Santis I actually think it might be better if Trump wins the Republican nomination.

Obviously hopefully either loses the election but I think De Santis' America would be an even nastier one and he'd deliver it in a much more statesmanly and more legitimate appearing way than Trump too.

I didnt think there could be anyone worse tha trump but de santis certainly seems it.

Bidens been shit  btw too

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt think there could be anyone worse tha trump but de santis certainly seems it.

Bidens been shit  btw too

What could Biden have done differently?

I think leaders should be like referees in football, you don’t tend to notice the best ones so much.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I've been reading up on his latest fight with Disney over their preferential status in Florida. It's pretty crazy stuff. Highly recommend you give it a look if you havent already.

He's definitely cut from the same cloth as our orange friend.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I've been reading up on his latest fight with Disney over their preferential status in Florida. It's pretty crazy stuff. Highly recommend you give it a look if you havent already.

He's definitely cut from the same cloth as our orange friend.

I've been wondering if Disney will abandon Florida and go somewhere a bit friendlier. 

You would think that would me a massive hit to the Florida economy. 

Would be a really expensive move but then the new state would probably offer massive incentives. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've been wondering if Disney will abandon Florida and go somewhere a bit friendlier. 

Would be a really expensive move but then the new state would probably offer massive incentives. 

I was thinking the same myself, I suspect there are a number of Southern States that would welcome the Disney Dollar.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Can you imagine what it would do to the Orlando housing market. Tens of thousands of luxury villas and no one to put in them!

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â