U.S. Politics

maqroll

The world will be utterly f**ked if Trump gets in again, the US will stop being a democracy extremely quickly. Surely the best thing to do is to assassinate him. Even if he goes to jail he can still be president and he will pardon himself immediately. Someone is going to have to take one for the team. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The world will be utterly f**ked if Trump gets in again, the US will stop being a democracy extremely quickly. Surely the best thing to do is to assassinate him. Even if he goes to jail he can still be president and he will pardon himself immediately. Someone is going to have to take one for the team. 

How long before @Jareth mysteriously disappears.........

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Do we think these charges would have been brought had he not intended to run again for President? 

Do we think he'd have run for President if he wasn't going to be charged with anything?

I think both were happening regardless

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Do we think these charges would have been brought had he not intended to run again for President? 

I suspect they've been determined to get him for something since the Capital Riots. The establishment just can't allow that to go unpunished in some way. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I suspect they've been determined to get him for something since the Capital Riots. The establishment just can't allow that to go unpunished in some way. 

I just wonder if he’d have saved himself this trouble if he’d have just slipped away from politics and stopped being a prick for a while.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just wonder if he’d have saved himself this trouble if he’d have just slipped away from politics and stopped being a prick for a while.

Nah, I think they were always going to go after him.  They started this investigation before he even said he was going to run again and while it was expected he’d run again it wasn’t certain.  I think he’s just made too many enemies over the years and some are coming for him whether obviously like Bragg or pushing influence behind the scenes.  I can imagine many serious people have had many conversations with the likes of Bragg and others over the last couple of the years…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Land of the free.

This is probably bigger news in terms of potential impact on US citizens than the Trump indictment.  The bill makes it illegal to US a VPN to do anything the US considers unauthorized, with steep potential penalties including jail time.

Obvious implication for Tik Tok, but questionable on freedom of information for journalists, and a huge blow for anyone in the US involved in crypto, where most financial service protocols (derivatives / perps / options exchanges, etc) have already geo blocked US-based IPs due to fears of legislation.  Even if you hate crypto, the US not being involved at this formative stage is going to leave them lagging - because digital currency of some form is written into the future, and the amount of innovation happening right now is something they need to be a part of.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

The man is a total prick in nature, he’d need a full transplant to be anything other than that.

• Like 2

Former Arkansas governor Asa Hutchinson to run against Trump. At only 72 y.o I imagine he'll be seen as too young? Won't even reach 80 during his term if he wins ffs.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â