U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Just when you think it can’t get worse, Laura Ingraham on Fox News compares child concentration camps to summer camp. 

Didn't she do that last year or something?

Mueller to testify publicly soon. At this point I doubt anything earth shattering will come of it. Dems typically useless when challenged to accomplish something.

I thought this was irony, but it seems to be serious.  Some kind of tv show person.  Presumably shares these opinions on air as he does on twitter. 

I suppose some people are exposed to this on a pretty regular basis.  Could the UN send help?

I'm not sure why they report it as news, or suggest it's surprising.

The tawdry self-enrichment was always a theme of this presidency.

The only surprise is the small scale.  If you're going to breach ethical boundaries, you may as well do it seriously, not this half-arsed attempt.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/donald-trump-s-turnberry-firm-paid-11-000-by-us-state-department-for-rooms-over-summer-1-4962105/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Donald Trump’s flagship Scottish hotel and golf course has received another five-figure windfall from his own government to cover accommodation costs at the loss making resort, The Scotsman can reveal...

Ethics watchdogs warned the American public was “effectively subsidising” Mr Trump’s company, which has yet to turn a profit under his ownership, and said the 73-year-old was becoming “more and more brazen about using the presidency to advance his business.

17 hours ago, peterms said:

I thought this was irony, but it seems to be serious.  Some kind of tv show person.  Presumably shares these opinions on air as he does on twitter. 

I suppose some people are exposed to this on a pretty regular basis.  Could the UN send help?

Kim Darroch has now resigned

It was the right thing for the ambassador to do. He's done nothing wrong, but he couldn't do his job anymore, resigning was the honourable action in that circumstance.

That someone has leaked confidential diplomatic documents that have resulted in our ambassador being forced to resign is an absolute disgrace though, and it ought to be a priority to identify, fire, and prosecute the people responsible. 

• Like 2

Really interesting how this team is so eager to use their platform to advocate for justice. They do the country proud, despite what Fox News has to say about it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â