U.S. Politics

maqroll

The snake vid above - Just for context - About an hour of lead up during which it dawned on me Trump does do quite a good 'Ray' off the Mary Whitehouse Experience (the man who is afflicted by always sounding sarcastic) Anyway the lead up to it went like this....from about 57:00 if anyone wants to click the link below.

"Democrats....DACA....The Wall (sorry Great Border Wall)...........well now they are going to give us the wall - but they don't wanna give us any of the laws to keep these people out. So we're gonna get the wall, but they don't wanna give us all of the other - chain migration, lottery, think of a lottery, you have a country, they put names in, do you think they're giving us their good people? Not too many of you people are gonna beat a lottery. So we ch-we pick out people. Then they turn out to be.......horrendous. And h and we don't understand why. They're not giving us their best people folks, they're not giving us, I mean use your heads, they are giving us, it's a lottery. I don't want people coming into this country with a lottery I want people coming into this country based on merit! based on merit! I want people and we all wanna be admitting people who have skills, who can support themselves financially, who can contribute to our economy, who will love our people, and who will share our values, who will love our country. I don't want people who drive a car at 100mph down the Westside Highway and kill 8 innocent victims and destroy the lives of 14 more - nobody talks about that, nobody ever talks about the people who have been so HORRIBLY injured, who lose legs and arms. In Manhattan, where I used to spend my time, I know it very well this stretch along the Westside Highway, People run in order to stay in shape they want to be healthy, they wanna look good, they run, they're running all the time, I see them, they run, we work....in different ways, but they run, no but think of this they run and they're so... they wanna be fit. They are proud people, they wanna be fit and they're running up and down Westside Highway it's beautiful, it's a beautiful thing. And this MANIAC takes a car going down the Highway and just turns to a right and he kills 8, BUT HE REALLY BADLY WOUNDED 12 to 14 other people. So somebody think of it. Runs to stay in shape, leaves the house, is jogging along, working hard, ends up going home 2 months later with no leg. Or with no arm, or two eg - or two legs missing. Nobody ever talks about them. They talk about the people, rightfully, that were killed. But they don't talk about the people that - whose lives have been just changed,  just changed - they don't talk about them."

"This guy came in through chain migration and a part of the lottery system (Boos from crowd). THEY SAY......22 people came in with him. In other words an Aunt, an Uncle, a Grandfather, a Mother, a Father - whoever came in - but a lot of people came in. That's chain migration. (responds to something from crowd with an aside - "lets see how those people are doing by the way").  We've gotta change our way, merit system, I want a merit system, because you know what's happening? All these companies are coming into our country, they are all coming into our country, and when they come in - we need people that are gonna work and I'm telling you we need workers now. We need workers. But when I walked in today! ....... did anyone ever hear me do the snake when on during the campaign? Th Coz I had 5 people outside say "Could you do the snake?" and I said "well people have heard it" - Who hasn't heard the snake? (tumbleweed with a couple of whoops from somewhere) You should. Read it anyway he says (looks to guy over there laughing). Lets do it anyway I'll do it, alright, shall we do it? Now....(grabs mic).... This one's a Rock and Roll song, little ammendments, a Rock and Roll song, but, but,....... every time I do it, people, and you have to think of this in terms of immigration, we have to have great people coming to our, I want people to come in to our country and I want people that are gonna help us and I don't want people that are gonna come in and be accepting all of the gifts of our country for the next 50 years and do - and contribute nothing. I don't want that. And you don't want that. I want people that are gonna help, and people that are gonna go to work for Chrysler who is now moving from Mexico into Michigan. And so many other, AND APPLE by the way, and Foxguard up in Wisconsin they're gonna need 25,000 workers. I want people that can come in and get to work and work hard - even if it means a learning period that's fine - but I want people that are gonna come in and work, and I want people, that love us, and look at security, and they want you to be safe and they wanna be safe. I want great people coming in to this country. I don't want people coming in in the way they do now. Because I want people that contribute - so - this is called - (goes all school teacher trump) this is called the snake and think of it in terms of...immigration and you may love it and you may say well isn't that terrible  ok and if you say well isnt that terrible well (suddenly livens up) WHO CARES!! The way they treat me that's peanuts (pointing to imaginary press people) compared to the way they treat me, ok. (does effeminate hand thing) ..... Immigration. (The video starts.....On her way......etc,etc)

whole thing on youtube

It also makes it look like he walked off to rapturous applause that clip, in reality he sort of wandered off to the side a bit, took a couple of seconds of applause, walked back to the podium, shoved that bit of paper in his pocket and started up again -

"And that's what we're doing with our country folks, we're letting people in and it's gonna be a lot of trouble, it's only getting worse - but we're giving you protection like never before our law enforcements doing a better job than we've ever done before and we love our country and we're gonna take care of our country ok we're gonna take care of our country. so just in finshing our country is starting to do very well, our economy is blazing jobs are at a record level, jobs are so.....good, 2.7 million jerbs created since......the election. Unemployment claims have reached - A 45 YEAR LOW. African American unemployment has reached the lowest level in our history. (Applause). Hispanic unemployment has reached the lowest level in our history (Applause). WOMEN! ......... Women unemployment is at the lowest level in 18 years. Wages are rising for the first time in many, many years. Small business confidence is at a record high and thanks to our massive tax cuts millions of americans are getting to keep a great percentage of their money instead of paying it to a government that throws it out the window. So I just leave you with this we have to fight Nancy Pelosi they wanna give your money away, they wanna give your money away, they wanna end your tax cuts, they wanna do things that you wouldn't even believe! Including taking your second ammendment rights away they will do that they will do that. So we have to get out there and fight in '18 like never before, just the way you fought with us, just the way you fought with us. You fought so hard and you were so tough and you were so smart. You were so smart. And you know what? I know for a fact you did the right thing because we're looking at the numbers, and the numbers - EVEN THEY (press point again) have to give us credit for the kind of numbers they're seeing. NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN anything like it."

"Under my administration, the era, of economic surrender is over. We're renegotiating trade deals that are SO BAD. whether it's NAFTA whether it's World Trade Organisation, which created China - you look at China - it was going along like this, then we opened, STUPIDLY, this deal and China has been like a rocket ship ever since. And now, last year, we had almost a 500billion dollar trade defecit withChina, we cant have that, we can't have that. I have great respect for President Xi but we can't have that. We have to go and we have to do what we have to do. We just can't let........ countries - as an example mexico - we have a 100billion dollar trade defecit with Mexico, what does that tell you? You know what it tells you? NAFTA is no good. It never was any good, but for some reason nobody ever changed it. They emptied our factories, you gotta see the car plants and auto plants in Mexico they're like - you've never seen anything like it before............."

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Bit late to the arm teachers party , but this did make me chuckle

28168257_2037101499845082_8900974737400823380_n.jpg

Made me laugh too, when Xann posted it in the Funny Pics thread, yesterday.  :)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Chief of Staff General Kelly has stripped Jared Kushner of his temporary top secret security clearance.

Hasn't his special advice been restricted to "hide under a big table like me" for the last 6 months 

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hasn't his special advice been restricted to "hide under a big table like me" for the last 6 months 

Isn't it "lets ride the coattails of this as long as we can, forgetting all of our morals, principals and any ounce of integrity we may or may not have once had, to see how we can profit from it in the end" ?

Or is that 99% of the GOP?

Edited by TheAuthority

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Another schizoid day at the WH.

Hope Hicks gone, Kushner and Kelley relationship seemingly on rocky ground, Trump has now come out and backed Obama's gun control ideas. You couldn't make it up.

And Sessions has actually gone on the attack against Trump

Best. Soap. Opera. Ever!

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

And Sessions has actually gone on the attack against Trump

Oh yeah I forgot he attacked his Attorney General (whom he appointed) publicly this morning in  a tweet whose tone resembled that of a hysterical teenage girl.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â