U.S. Politics

maqroll

17 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

we are still fledgling primates

The idea of flying monkeys is interesting.  In the context of this thread about the ultimate narcissist, this is interesting.

Flying monkeys can be anyone who believes the narcissist's fake persona including the narcissist's spouse, child, friend, sister, brother or cousin.[

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Fledgling means young and inexperienced . .. not able to fly.

It's a baby bird.  Other meanings are metaphorical.  I quite like the idea of fledgling primates.  Like some kind of supercreature...

• Like 1

Just now, peterms said:

It's a baby bird.  Other meanings are metaphorical.  I quite like the idea of fledgling primates.  Like some kind of supercreature...

I genuinely considered  that eventuality  but never  thought I'd be called on it .:D

• Like 1

Had a conversation with a local phd student this morning. Phd student, so cranial blood flow is confirmed... and by way of talking about the election she said how people (actually referred to them condescendingly as brahs) who voted for Gary Johnson/Jill Stein were selfish!!! Guess which side she's on... I simply couldn't bring myself to telling her some truth.

What Trump's father did damn near 100 years ago should in no way count against his son. There's not even any evidence Trump's father did anything wrong, ffs, he was never charged with anything, and it was a single reported incident, it could have very well been a case of the wrong place at the wrong time.

Trump didn't exactly help himself by claiming to not know who David Duke (former KKK leader) was, when he was asked about Duke supporting him, despite having met him and referring to him by name several times. Having said that, Trump has condemned Duke and the KKK on several occasions over the course of years, the KKK 'link' is nonsense.

There's enough valid things to condemn Trump for without bringing up bullshit like this.

Wrong place, wrong time, wrong company (just bumped into this Klan march) wrong clothing (only wearing the bedsheet because he forgot to do the laundry and didn't have a stitch to wear).

Trump and his father have both been found to discriminate against black people in their business lives.

Possibly that's why the KKK are so delighted he's been elected.  Or possibly there's another reason for that.

But yes, there are so many grounds on which to base disgust at Trump being elected.  The antics of his dead father come low down the order.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It seems he's already dropped the Muslim ban from his website. Not even in office yet and he's already skimping on his promises :lol: 

It's back. Apparently it was just a technical glitch, that only affected that page, and certainly wasn't it being deliberately removed with the hope that nobody noticed.

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Straitjacket.

A straight jacket, if such a thing exists, would be a garment cut with no reference to the shape of the body.

it was a US related thread so I thought I'd use the U.S spelling of it :)

well its more imaginative than blaming autocorrect 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

his father was Muslim as was his adopted father  and he was enrolled in school with his faith being recorded as  "islam"

If Trump is deemed KKK because of  his father then by the same logic Obama was a communist Muslim :)

but that said I don't think he's got ties to the Muslim brotherhood so no need for the straight jacket just yet 

Obama has done much worse than have supposed ties with the Muslim brotherhood anyway. I also do love how being Muslim has now become an evil sin in America.

11 minutes ago, peterms said:

So a couple of weeks ago, Uber made a delivery of goods in Colorado with a driverless truck.

I await with interest Trump's defence of the insecure working class drivers who may have voted for him.

Four possible outcomes off the top of my head:

1 well, that's progress folks, good luck! it's gonna be great...

2 ban driverless trucks

3 allow driverless trucks, ensure taxation of Uber et al means people have decent lives

4 make sure Uber's driverless trucks in the U.S. are made in the U.S. from U.S. components, put together by U.S. citizens

any others?

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Four possible outcomes off the top of my head:

1 well, that's progress folks, good luck! it's gonna be great...

2 ban driverless trucks

3 allow driverless trucks, ensure taxation of Uber et al means people have decent lives

4 make sure Uber's driverless trucks in the U.S. are made in the U.S. from U.S. components, put together by U.S. Built robots which are built by US owned robots

any others?

Fixed

I was also wondering who was going to shovel coal into their boilers for virtually free when they get rid of all the illegal immigrants and how long it take Apple to relocate it's head office to The UK once he insists they build all Iphones in the USA in order that they can stay competitive and not go bust like Mr Trump seems to want. 

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Dow Jones closed at an all time high today.

I think that tells us something about both what Trumps likely path is and what the markets truly are.

There are of order $2T (not B) US corporate dollars lying overseas. This is the great game and one of the single best investment strategies available. 

Corporation makes zillions overseas and refuses to bring it home where it will have to pay the legal 35% rate and instead holds it abroad indefinitely where it can be used for investment etc., and of course collateral for loans to pay out dividends in the US. Now the real game is to wait the 10-15 yrs it takes for this pile of money to get so big that the politicians can sell a repatriation deal at say 10-15% and then claim a huge boon for the taxpayer. This last happened under Bush II's watch in 2004. Of course, this was never discussed during the campaign as both sides are at it. Trickle down for all!

So 35% per year, or wait 10-15 yrs and only pay 10%. Pitchforks and lamp-posts would be too generous.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â