U.S. Politics

maqroll

Trump may well be moonbat crazy but he's also pledged to end US support for Saudi Arabia. That's a big deal and a huge plus for every civilised human being on the planet - if he follows through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

More silliness! Society has survived in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria... Europe post WWII, China post cultural revolution etc. In these time, I believe a comment along the lines of "don't get your knickers in a twist" is quite apt.

You cool with just barely surviving like the above scenarios? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

You cool with just barely surviving like the above scenarios? :lol: 

You've just implicitly compared the election of Donald J. Trump as president of the United States of America to the deaths of 50-100m in WWII etc. Impressive!

It's 1930's Europe all over again - post crash rush to extremism and stupidity. I'd say what's round the corner but I think we know. I thought June was depressing, but this is just... there are no words anymore. It's terrifying, and my hatred for those contemptible shits just rose further. Cowards, gutless **** cowards have voted based on fear. 

• Like 2

Just now, villakram said:

You've just implicitly compared the election of Donald J. Trump as president of the United States of America to the deaths of 50-100m in WWII etc. Impressive!

Hmm? You made the (explicit) comparison, I'm just taking you up on it. It's not very reassuring to hear that people survived WWII.

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Trump may well be moonbat crazy but he's also pledged to end US support for Saudi Arabia. That's a big deal and a huge plus for every civilised human being on the planet - if he follows through. 

Secretary of state Gingrich will make sure the Saudis continue to be supported 

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

It's 1930's Europe all over again - post crash rush to extremism and stupidity. I'd say what's round the corner but I think we know. I thought June was depressing, but this is just... there are no words anymore. It's terrifying, and my hatred for those contemptible shits just rose further. Cowards, gutless **** cowards have voted based on fear. 

Yep, we're lurching further and further to the right as bigoted and xenophobic views are acceptable in the mainstream now. Hell, a bloke just got elected to the most powerful office in the world with no political experience on the back of these views.

This isn't dangerous for what he could do, but for the message it sends to everyone worldwide.

Be fragrantly sexist, xenophobic and dishonest. It's fine!

Just now, maqroll said:

Secretary of state Gingrich will make sure the Saudis continue to be supported 

...and there's the real point. However Americans vote the government wins. 

The left-liberals are in meltdown because they think elections actually change things.

I repeat, "lol".

The precedent set for those European nations who have been slowly veering toward right-wing nationalism cannot be ignored. If the biggest superpower in the world can elect a populist demagogue then there's really no roadblock anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

The precedent set for those European nations who have been slowly veering toward right-wing nationalism cannot be ignored. If the biggest superpower in the world can elect a populist demagogue then there's really no roadblock anymore.

Yep. It isn't about the election or Donald in office. It's about the message it sends. Brexit was post-it note. This is an essay.

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

What is it people say about stopped clocks. When you inherently distrust and work against all brown people, you'll inconvenience the bad ones eventually. :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â