U.S. Politics

maqroll

Probably worth pointing out that one member of the electoral college in Washington state has announced that he will vote for Trump even if Trump loses the state (which he will), which means Clinton now has a target of 271 votes rather than 270. I believe this has never happened before. In doing so, he will receive a $1000 fine, and no other sanction. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably worth pointing out that one member of the electoral college in Washington state has announced that he will vote for Trump even if Trump loses the state (which he will), which means Clinton now has a target of 271 votes rather than 270. I believe this has never happened before. In doing so, he will receive a $1000 fine, and no other sanction. 

we need to move to a popular vote, it would have saved the world from gw bush and the iraq debacle

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

we need to move to a popular vote, it would have saved the world from gw bush and the iraq debacle

I agree. This guy might unwittingly be bringing that to a head. If he manages to single-handedly cause a constitutional crisis, that might provide the impetus to overcome the enormous inertia in the system. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is there a chance the Donald could win this? 

Yes. It's unlikely - he has to win nearly all of the swing states, whereas Hillary has the luxury of losing a few - but if the polling is out by as much as UK polling was out in 2015, he could win. 

I certainly wouldn't be putting any money on it at this point though. It looks like he'll fall just short. 

https://theintercept.com/liveblogs/trumpdown/trumps-final-ad-passes-off-footage-migrants-hungary-scene-u-s/

Trump’s final ad passes off footage of migrants in Hungary as scene from U.S.

Donald Trump’s advertising campaign is ending as it started, with footage of migrants in Europe, lifted from the internet and passed off as video of immigrants streaming across the border from Mexico into the United States.

Near the start of the new ad, as the candidate complains of “massive illegal immigration,” thousands of people are shown walking along a highway.

Screen-Shot-2016-11-05-at-10.04.22-PM

A still frame from a Trump campaign ad posted online Friday.

Trump Team, via YouTube

That video, however, was not shot along the southern border of the U.S. — where Trump has promised to build a great wall — but in Hungary, at the height of the migrant crisis last year, as Syrian refugees, desperate for safe passage to Germany, marched out of Budapest.

And his supporters lap this shit up. Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.

Edited by StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I give it 12 hours until the fine, upstanding FBI agents that Trump was praising last week are suddenly crooked and incompetent again.

Yep, a bit like how all the polls are "rigged" until they put him ahead. Or how the election is going to be "rigged", unless he wins it obviously.

17 hours ago, maqroll said:

in my opinion, that would further divide the country-and though extremely unlikely-it could possibly lead to another civil war. The country is already divided geopolitically. Both the East and West Coasts are more liberal, while the middle of the country is more conservative. Granted, this election has been bringing this up a lot more because of the current candidates.  

It pains me to say this, but if i was a betting man, i would bet on a president Pence or Kaine before the next presidential election in 2020. 

What's fascinating to me is that this whole election fiasco has shown Americans just how fragile the whole system is. We've all been programmed to varying degrees to believe in the infallibility of the system, but it's a tinderbox. 

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I give it 12 hours until the fine, upstanding FBI agents that Trump was praising last week are suddenly crooked and incompetent again.

“You can’t review 650,000 emails in eight days. Hillary Clinton is guilty. She knows it. The FBI knows it, the people know it and now it is up for American people to deliver justice at the ballot box on 8 November.”

That bang you heard was the collective heads of everyone who works in data analysis banging their heads on their desks.

Stop lying arghhhhhhhh.

At this point I'd be turning my tv off as the satire is too obvious now but its reality. Honestly it's absolutely mental he was even in the running to be their candidate.

Edited by StefanAVFC

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

Yep, a bit like how all the polls are "rigged" until they put him ahead. Or how the election is going to be "rigged", unless he wins it obviously.

Just the same as his new mate Nigel Farage was saying. Soon went quiet when the out campaign won.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â