U.S. Politics

maqroll

29 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Ted Cruz now backing Trump. I've never liked Cruz and he's too extreme for me but I gained some respect for him for the way that he took a stand against Trump. Now he's going back on that for what he sees as personal gain. It's pretty pathetic to watch. People like him, Rubio, Christie etc have absolutely no self-respect.

i feel the same way about Kasich. he was recently talking at the White House, trying to pitch that both republicans and democrats should work together, like they should. 

17 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i feel the same way about Kasich. he was recently talking at the White House, trying to pitch that both republicans and democrats should work together, like they should. 

I like Kasich. Was apparently offered the VP slot with unprecedented control over foreign policy but turned it down. Funny really when you've got dickheads like Chris Christie prostrating themselves before Trump in the hopes of getting something and then getting **** all.

Edited by Mantis

13 hours ago, Mantis said:

Ted Cruz now backing Trump. I've never liked Cruz and he's too extreme for me but I gained some respect for him for the way that he took a stand against Trump. Now he's going back on that for what he sees as personal gain. It's pretty pathetic to watch. People like him, Rubio, Christie etc have absolutely no self-respect.

That Ted Cruz is an embarrassing sell-out who has reverse ferreted on his one moment of true conviction shouldn't come as a surprise, but as a measure of the man it's undoubtedly damning. 

• Like 3

On September 23, 2016 at 18:26, Mantis said:

The republican presidential primary and is aftermath is one of the most embarrassing spectacles i've ever witnessed in American politics. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That Ted Cruz is an embarrassing sell-out who has reverse ferreted on his one moment of true conviction shouldn't come as a surprise, but as a measure of the man it's undoubtedly damning. 

yep, he placed all his chips on that brave stance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

The republican presidential primary and is aftermath is one of the most embarrassing spectacles i've ever witnessed in American politics. 

Indeed. It's a hijacking and many Republicans have just let it happen without a fight.

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 22.33.57.png\

(From the facebook page of US Senator Bernie Sanders.)

Now, given that the Koch's have invested more than anyone else in this election do you think that we might have entered an age where winning an election can be purely about personal gain - that the actual governing of the country is a secondary concern?

After the introduction of PAC's, it's become possible to buy enough media influence to successfully get just about any mop haired idiot voted into the Whitehouse - the KOCH's have spent over $900m (split between both candidates) - it's not hard to see why is it?

The US is nuts.

• Like 2

yep, the idea that we are a democracy is a complete joke.

between super delegates, the electoral college, and pac bribery, the system is rotted to the core. 

not to mention the quasi-police state we are devolving into as the rich get richer and everyone else lives hand to mouth.

something has to give eventually, and it won't be pretty.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

yep, the idea that we are a democracy is a complete joke.

between super delegates, the electoral college, and pac bribery, the system is rotted to the core. 

not to mention the quasi-police state we are devolving into as the rich get richer and everyone else lives hand to mouth.

something has to give eventually, and it won't be pretty.

The natural outcome of neoliberalism is states like Brazil and South Africa - Gated estates of luxury for very few and guns, crime, and poverty for the rest of us. The US looks and behaves like a country making that transition.

Also, I don't know how Samantha Power keeps a straight face.

• Like 2

With more shootings at home and chlorine gas being used on civilians abroad I think tonight what questions are asked might be more important than the pre prepared guff that follows, should be a measuring stick for where the us is right now, if they ignore those questions and focus on how much tax people who earn over $5m a year pay, who's going to build the wall and how to keep those pesky Muslims out then it's a joke

gun control, the police shootings, Syria and Russia should be front and centre tonight, I think they'll skirt round it

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

With more shootings at home and chlorine gas being used on civilians abroad I think tonight what questions are asked might be more important than the pre prepared guff that follows, should be a measuring stick for where the us is right now, if they ignore those questions and focus on how much tax people who earn over $5m a year pay, who's going to build the wall and how to keep those pesky Muslims out then it's a joke

gun control, the police shootings, Syria and Russia should be front and centre tonight, I think they'll skirt round it

The topics are 'America' Direction', 'Achieving Prosperity' and 'Securing America', for whatever that's worth. 

The media have already lined up Trump as the winner by saying he'll be better than low expectations, ie if his trousers don't fall down he wins. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I honestly have no idea what to expect. Trump could very well walk off the stage if he gets aggravated enough. 

This should be fascinating. Anyone staying up late to watch this?

49 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

How the **** are these 2 candidates the ones we(America) decided upon. To me, both were exposed tonight

As much as I despise Clinton, she mopped the floor with him, with a lot of help from him. The guy is a train wreck, and if anyone changed minds tonight, it wasn't him.

Total farce either way, of course. 

It amazes me that his supporters don't mind that he's demonstrably a repeated liar.

He denied ever saying that climate change is a hoax. He's said it several times, tweeted it several times, he's on video saying it on TV!

He even denied saying he'd claimed that avoiding taxes made him smart...A thing that 10s of millions of people witnessed him saying live on television an hour before.

I give it 6 months before he starts telling people that he never ran to be president.

Edited by Davkaus

When he loses this will all be an elaborate hoax done to demonstrate how broken the US political system is and how someone with a lot of money and brash populist politics and a knowledge of social media rather than actual politics and a knowledge of diplomacy can almost become president

There's only one man who can fix it...vote trump 2020...

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â