Playstation 4

hogso

Whats better playstation or xbox

Depends what you want and how you'd use it really...

Fundamentally as a gaming console, PS4 no question.

But for a integral part of a home theater setup which plays games a bit worse - Xbox.

Dunno, I'd follow your friends and the games you want to play in all honesty. 

Edited by PieFacE

Dunno, I'd follow your friends and the games you want to play in all honesty. 

This for me.

The few of my mates who play games have PS4s so it makes sense for me.

I did want a PS4 over and xbox, but if they'd all had XBones instead then I'd have gone for that.

And, of course, VTVN operate on PS4! ;)

Found out Playstation Now has Earth Defence Force on it, this changes everything. There's a few other games on it I was aware of having good reps, but never played, like El Shaddai, Enslaved, and the Sly Cooper HD stuff. Plus 2 PS3 EDF games that I didn't play, only played them on PS2 before. Mindless fun. Not quite enough to get me to sub, I have plenty enough to play as it is, but it might be worth a month's sub during a gaming draught. Especially if they put some weird and wonderful PS1 & PS2 games on there, although that is some way off yet. 

Whats better playstation or xbox

Playstation, because, Xbox sucks

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

it's swings and roundabouts. PS4 had a great start and is technically a better system, but Sony has mismanaged things a little of late. XBO is slightly more limited on the technical front, but they've gone to great lengths to improve things with new dev tools, and it's very possible that we might actually see it outperforming the PS4 within 12 months if the improvements continue and Sony remains firmly seated on its hands. Essentially, they're the same thing with different UIs (I despite the XBO's one, for example, but love Sonys)

• Like 1

very impressed with playstation now i have to say. wasn't expecting much, but it works very well. the selection needs work, and the pricing is a bit much at $45 for 3 months, but it's a lot better than I thought it'd be

the list is here, blue games are available to subscribers, non blue ones have to be rented separately

It's a nice mixed bag to be honest, plenty in there that I'm sure a lot of people thought about but never bothered with - which is exactly where a service like this excels. I don't care about the AAA games, and I'm sure many are the same, I want to play the things I never bothered buying

• Like 1

I understand that the PSN server is likely to be getting its ass taxed 24/7 but 30 hours to download a game is a **** piss take.

Out have curiosity, who is your ISP? I suspect some of them are throttling connections to gaming platforms.

I understand that the PSN server is likely to be getting its ass taxed 24/7 but 30 hours to download a game is a **** piss take.

Out have curiosity, who is your ISP? I suspect some of them are throttling connections to gaming platforms.

Good point, it's virgin media, so the likelihood is that they are doing just that. 

pause and restart when getting really bad speeds and they should improve

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â