Playstation 4

hogso

I like how - going by how long you've said it's takes you to get round to games - this suggestion could almost be legitimate. :D

It is.

Just need to complete Pacman and Asteroids and then Tetris is next on my list

Any recommendations?

lego marvel

i still havent got round to playing it because im not that much of a basketball fan but NBA2k14 is meant to be brilliant

killzone is £20 in CEX and is worth a play if you want to see how the touch pad etc works, its also got some amazing lighting effects, decent enough game

Can anyone explain this VR thing to me? I'm not a fan of gimmicks (Wii, Kinect), is this just like a TV but on a big headset? Will all games be able to be played on it? Will it be a gimmick or is it a genuine game changer?

Can anyone explain this VR thing to me? I'm not a fan of gimmicks (Wii, Kinect), is this just like a TV but on a big headset? Will all games be able to be played on it? Will it be a gimmick or is it a genuine game changer?

It's a game changer. It's immersive 3D right in front of you, essentially putting you in the game. I've only used the Oculus Rift, but apparently Sony's goes even further with 3D sound and full on motion tracking. It's very good apparently. Very very good

It was absolutely wonderful to be honest. I'm not sure how it'd work for footie games though. At the moment it works best with first person perspective stuff, putting it in third person or an overview perspective probably wouldn't be as effective. I played Doom 3 BFG edition when I got to use the Oculus prototype back in 2012 and it blew me away. Full immersion

And yes, you still use a controller, it sounds like it'd be awkward, but it works brilliantly. You look with your head, and you use the left stick to move, and the right stick to make adjustments to where you're looking. Very intuitive, if not sounding like it on paper

im not buying in to this "its not a peripheral" thing, will it really change gaming or just end up like move / kinect / wii, where it gets forced down your throat

also struggling to see how this is seen as the future when 3D gaming hasnt really taken off and 3D television is on the decline, is there even a demand for this? PS4 has no 3D game / video support and yet sony are pushing this, very strange

im also assuming that this will work with every game? and then will get some shovelware aimed specifically at it too?

PS4 has 3D video support

it also won't work with every game, games will need to be developed for specifically, or have it coded into them via patches. It's nothing like regular 3d. At all

Trust me, it's a game changer

Depends on the retail pricing and how they demo it to standard consumers.

If they can show the benefit to the consumer, it's gonna be immense. Much bigger than what we currently know as 3D and Kinect.

Surely this deserves its own thread right? I mean, is it only going to work with the PS4? I'd assume they're trying to take on the general VR market.

Project Morpheus is a PlayStation product, so it's unlikely it'll work on anything other than PS4  initially

Right, well, that's all done and dusted now.  Managed to get a bit more on trade-in then I thought as would as well (£260 in total, mainly through getting Game to beat CEX's trade-in prices by a £1 each time, which don't half add up quickly over a boxed console, spare peripherals and 20+ games) so for an additional £40 to pay I managed to get a second controller, year's PSN+, vertical stand/dual charging station/headset pack, camera wall mount (didn't care but it was free so what the heck), Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Battlefield and Killzone.

Plus I'm up to £20 on my Game card, so as soon as I get the rest of my old 360 games back from the various friends they've been lent to the plan is to pop back in for a second-hand Vita.  This plan has yet to be run past the missus though, so it could prove a fool's errand.

I gather you can pick up some backwards-compatible PS3 games via the online shop for the PS4?  I hope so, there's a few titles I've never played that I'd love to get my hands on like The Last Of Us or the Uncharted series (and obviously Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, so I can finally see what hogso's been raving about all this time). :D

Anywho, thanks for the suggestions, chaps. :thumb:

Â