Playstation 4

hogso

CoD and killzone probably not but the use of light is miles better, running round on CoD going from inside to outside I have to adjust to the brightness which only takes half a second but it pretty cool, FIFA is a lot better

its the speed of the thing rather than the graphics that's impressive so far

It is a reasonably big step up just not particularly noticeable at the moment as developers still learn to develop for it. I think where it stands at the moment is being 'a very good gaming pc' and the amount of extra RAM it has means developers have a lot to play with. I don't think graphically we can see a particularly huge leap any more, the aim I think is just to have everything running at 60fps and 1080p, which they should be able to achieve for a few years at least until the cycle of it having to play catch up with pc starts again.

Edited by nobler

Depends on your point of view really.  I think BF4 and KZ both look a lot better than previous PS3 iterations, but thats just me.  Besides which, give it a few months and I think we'll really see the difference the new kit will make.

I think you'd be mad not to see the difference and smoothness. It's not better than ultra gaming PC's, but it's legitimately better even at launch titles.

Now, a bigger step up from other previous gen transitions? That's debatable

Well the thing is, is that you need to look at the kit which they're making games on.  From PS1 to PS2 there was a huge scope for improvement, from the pixelated boxes running around on screen. 

Then from PS2 to PS3 there were new things like textures and flowing clothes, mouth movement. better draw distances etc.

But when you have good draw distances, decent rendering, decent textures (up close anyway), mouth movement, expressions, shadowing, okay lighting - then apart from improving all of those things to more or less near perfection, it isn't going to seem quite as "OMG" as the previous next gens is it?

We've gotten to the point where people look/act/move like real people, I think now is time to focus on speed, emotion, jaggies etc etc.

You won't get the huge leaps anymore.. because cut scenes are already more or less movie quality CGI and the actual gameplay is slightly lesser.

Saying all that however, I was hugely "wowed" by NBA 2k14, they look completely realistic.  I thought it was a real basketball match for about 30-40 seconds. 

I agree, unless they start implementing some Pixar magic, textures are hitting a saturation point.

The will be a lot more focus on keeping a solid fps and ambient lighting. Killzone is a good example of some fantastic lighting, especially in the abandoned space ship level. Refractions and shadows all in real time bouncing off everywhere. Though they did over do it with the dreaded lens flare.

So instead of better textures, I think the aim will be to jam as many things on screen at one time and having thousands of face markers to try and get rid of that dead eye look.

Edited by Kwan

I did think that on the 1st "level" of killzone, if they manage to do a neon lit city, at night in the rain, then I think it would be mind blowing, might happen in killzone but I haven't got far enough to see it yet

expecting watch dogs to do that

That's rough, man. I guess you'll have to play GTA Online for a little while longer.

I was genuinely thinking of quick ways to make £400 all of yesterday. I've never been so tempted to engage in criminal activity as I am now, but I have so far resisted.

I imagine this frustrated temptation to succumb to a life of crime looks like this -

jt88hx.jpg

• Like 1

Still not been charged for mine and GAME are yet to respond to my email (other than an automated "thanks for contacting us" email), I was hoping I'd have it for the time I came home from Uni next week and really looking forward to playing ACIV almost as soon as I got back, but it's looking less likely by the day now :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â