Jimzk5

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Fabio Silva came with so much hype. He did actually look like he was improving about 18 months ago but since then they've loaned him to Rangers and PSV. Just scoring 4 goals at each dosen't really indicate he's going to be any good at prem level.

The only hype about Fabio Silva was his price tag, he'd only made a handful of appearances in mens football scoring 1 in 12 games, and was very average for a really good Portugal u21 team. 

Porto needed to raise about 25-30 million desperately, probably a lot down to Covid losses (Portugal doesn't have a massive TV deal). Wolves brought him for around 40 million with about 10-15 getting syphoned off by various agents, and of course Mendes. This purchase was a favour to Mendes and nothing more.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alakagom said:

It's impossible to push on  longterm without adequate revenues that can compete with the etablished big 6 finance wise. Hence why Heck and our owners so focused on trying to bring that in line rapidly or we'll fall away just like they did. 

All clubs outside the Sky 6, and us (whilst we have our Lord and saviour Unai) are only 2-3 bad transfer windows away from relegation imo.

21 hours ago, pas5898 said:

The only hype about Fabio Silva was his price tag, he'd only made a handful of appearances in mens football scoring 1 in 12 games, and was very average for a really good Portugal u21 team. 

Porto needed to raise about 25-30 million desperately, probably a lot down to Covid losses (Portugal doesn't have a massive TV deal). Wolves brought him for around 40 million with about 10-15 getting syphoned off by various agents, and of course Mendes. This purchase was a favour to Mendes and nothing more.

He was a football manager wonderkid before he joined so that gave him some hype. Like so many before though it didn't really mean anything. 

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

They play decent football in the middle third but have no cutting edge and cannot keep a clean sheet……….GON might be gone soon

He might be GON 

He's gorrrrraaaaa geeeewwww

• Haha 1

Brentford (a), citeh (h) and Brighton (a) next up. 

Can’t see them getting much from those, Brentford obviously being the best chance.

After that it’s Palace, Southampton, Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton, West Ham, Ipswich and Leicester. 

I guess it depends how much they’re prepared to write off the next three because the following eight fixtures look much more favourable. In the abstract it’s easy to write off three tricky games, but if they come back with 0-1 point, then the reality will feel a lot worse than the hypothetical.

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Can’t see them getting much from those, Brentford obviously being the best chance.

After that it’s Palace, Southampton, Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton, West Ham, Ipswich and Leicester. 

I guess it depends how much they’re prepared to write off the next three because the following eight fixtures look much more favourable. In the abstract it’s easy to write off three tricky games, but if they come back with 0-1 point, then the reality will feel a lot worse than the hypothetical.

Yeah they'll beat a couple of those teams listed. Decision is whether they want to do that with new manager bounce as potentially 4-5 wins would get them nicely in mid table.

• Like 1

Thought I'd see a reaction having been at home to a big side a week after they lost a derby, but they looked so passive. Liverpool were there for the taking for most of that game and still won comfortably.

Going down ay we?

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah they'll beat a couple of those teams listed. Decision is whether they want to do that with new manager bounce as potentially 4-5 wins would get them nicely in mid table.

Yeah that’s my thinking. Famous last words, but I don’t feel like GON is as close to being given the boot as some Wolves supporters might want him to be. If they lose 3-0 to Brentford then ok they might make the decision to twist rather than stick and give the new manager the next couple of games to bed in before the easier fixtures.

There’s just a real sense of indifference from the Wolves hierarchy, “Ah, that’ll do” attitude. 

They probably won’t be more than 3-4 points off 17th after Brighton regardless.

Edit - although their form is indeed dreadful, just read that since 10th March they’ve picked up 6 premier league points, which is 5 fewer than Burnley have managed. Blimey. 

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Obviously you need to start picking up points somewhere, but the start of the season has been...

Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Forest (A), Newcastle (H), Villa (A), Liverpool (H)

Which is likely to be the toughest start any side has had (slight nod to Arsenal), followed by...

Brentford (H), Man City (A), Brighton (A)

I don't think they've been too bad.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Obviously you need to start picking up points somewhere, but the start of the season has been...

Arsenal (A), Chelsea (H), Forest (A), Newcastle (H), Villa (A), Liverpool (H)

Which is likely to be the toughest start any side has had (slight nod to Arsenal), followed by...

Brentford (H), Man City (A), Brighton (A)

I don't think they've been too bad.

Oh yeah I know they’ve had a tough set of fixtures to start the season and the tail end of last season was kinda tough too (Villa, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, an inform Palace among the final ten games). 

The tough fixture list would possibly be the biggest argument GON would make in his favour which also is why I don’t think they’re THAT close to pulling the trigger at the moment. 

It’s whether they believe the more understandable bad form against the better sides will cease when they play the sides who on paper appear easier. There’s always the fear is that the bad form spills over and becomes the norm.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â