Jimzk5

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Their number 1 target Alex Scott from Bristol is going to Bournemouth by the look of it. Ouch!

Wonder if they are selling up or doing a Randy Lerner? 

similar vibes. can see the manager walking like MON did

Lopetegui is surely going to just give up and walk at some point. Percy in particular has been quite bluntly repeating that he's unhappy at the club, and you have to assume that there were promises made that probably aren't being met when he was talked out of leaving back in May.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

The Dog Heads are one of my tips for relegation and Lopetegui the first managerial casualty of the season 

They look to be in utter turmoil off the pitch and losing their better players without suitable replacements.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The Dog Heads are one of my tips for relegation and Lopetegui the first managerial casualty of the season 

They look to be in utter turmoil off the pitch and losing their better players without suitable replacements.

I'd be delighted

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

For some reason they were playing Luton in a friendly tonight at Molineux (must've forgot they're actually a premier league club now).

0-0 so I think that says it all for their prospects this season.

Does thiathis mean we have a chance this season?

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Gap was 20 points last season, hopefully more this time as I fancy us to beat them home and away this time.

Did someone say “gap “?

• Haha 1

They're finally paying the price for an over-reliance on Jorge Mendes. I'd not appreciated until now the full extent of how many players have come via him directly or indirectly: Over two thirds of their signings since Fosun took over are either Gestifute clients or Mendes helped facilitate the deals. The quality of those offerings from Jorge have lessened over the years (Fabio Silva, Matheus Nunes and Guedes look particularly poor investments) and now that there's a new cash cow in the form of the Saudi Pro League I don't think Wolves will be getting preferred treatment from Mendes/Gestifute. 
Also, the fact that the owners of Wolves are saying there's no money to spend until next season must mean that their 22-23 accounts will show a big loss (60 million plus I would guess). They wouldn't be so afraid of FFP otherwise. Either that or they're looking to sell despite what they're saying publicly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

They're finally paying the price for an over-reliance on Jorge Mendes. I'd not appreciated until now the full extent of how many players have come via him directly or indirectly: Over two thirds of their signings since Fosun took over are either Gestifute clients or Mendes helped facilitate the deals. The quality of those offerings from Jorge have lessened over the years (Fabio Silva, Matheus Nunes and Guedes look particularly poor investments) and now that there's a new cash cow in the form of the Saudi Pro League I don't think Wolves will be getting preferred treatment from Mendes/Gestifute. 
Also, the fact that the owners of Wolves are saying there's no money to spend until next season must mean that their 22-23 accounts will show a big loss (60 million plus I would guess). They wouldn't be so afraid of FFP otherwise. Either that or they're looking to sell despite what they're saying publicly.

Fabio Silva was the huge warning sign for me (ironically he's finally turning into a decent player).

Porto (to which Mendes has close ties) were struggling financially and had a 30 million hole in their finances, then Wolves buy a completely average, untried 18 year old who'd only made 12 senior appearances for 32 million.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Fabio Silva was the huge warning sign for me (ironically he's finally turning into a decent player).

Porto (to which Mendes has close ties) were struggling financially and had a 30 million hole in their finances, then Wolves buy a completely average, untried 18 year old who'd only made 12 senior appearances for 32 million.

I’m amazed this wasn’t investigated - one of the most brazen examples of money laundering 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â