West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

I doubt Albion will offer Lescott the kind of money he's looking for especially if the rumours are true that the deal for Sherwood fell apart for the sake of £440k per year for his backroom team.

Edited by Robbie09

I'm tempted to put a bit of money on baggies going down next season (possibly with Burnley too), but knowing them, they'll scrape safety in the jammiest circumstances.

Its a "get the fans back onside" signing if ever i saw one. He's free but they are probably paying him a fair wedge to get him over some of the other teams interested, why else would he go from man city to west brom?

Other teams interested, only team with a serious interest was Hull.

I'd imagine they are paying somewhere in the region of £3m a year for his services.  There were quite a few clubs interested so he could probably play them off against each other.  Decent signing in my opinion, it's a shame we can't even contemplate paying £50k a week under the current financial restrictions we have. 

Its a "get the fans back onside" signing if ever i saw one. He's free but they are probably paying him a fair wedge to get him over some of the other teams interested, why else would he go from man city to west brom?

Other teams interested, only team with a serious interest was Hull

He had offers from abroad too apparently, although nobody here knows who was interested in him its obvious he hasn't joined West Brom for anything other than them being the highest offer.

Lescott is a very good signing for West Brom. He didn't feature heavily for Man City last season but still made over 20 appearances in all comps. He’d walk into our team and I’d have definitely taken him over Senderos as for me he is a much better defender. His wages though would obviously reflect that.

• Like 1

Â