West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Well, West Brom are now claiming they sacked Anelka.  They gave him 14 days notice for gross misconduct and it seems he has pulled the old "you can't sack me, I quit!" routine.  It's like a 15 year old schoolboy who can't admit that his girlfriend has just dumped him isn't it?

Why not sack him at the time then, instead of backing him at the time and even playing him for a spell afterwards?

made themselves look petty by saying you can't quit, your fired.....

When we last played them, I spoke to a Baggies supporting mate and said that Anelka being injured wasn't a big deal, but he told me that he'd been one of their best players (at that point). With Anelka gone, Brunt injured and their other goalscorers out of form, it really puts them in trouble. Not to mention Mel seriously under-performing!

Why not sack him at the time then, instead of backing him at the time and even playing him for a spell afterwards?

made themselves look petty by saying you can't quit, your fired.....

They say they asked him to issue an apology to their fans and sponsors and he refused, then declared he was quitting his contract on Twitter, but didn't actually make any official contact with the club. Not hard to see why they want rid of him.

They probably should have known it wasn't going to work out when he looked like a man who'd been sentenced to death when he signed for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v37suDoylik

He seemed to have off seasons and on seasons.  When he was on he was one of the best in the world, but he couldn't be relied on.  

West Brom striker Saido Berahino is considering taking legal action against team-mate James Morrison after being punched during a dressing-room row. The players clashed after the 3-3 draw with Cardiff at the Hawthorns on Saturday, leaving Berahino, an England Under-21 international, with facial injuries.

West Brom have played down the row and no disciplinary action has been taken against any of the players involved. But Berahino does not feel he has had enough support from the club following the incident.

From the BBC text app so apologies I can't quote.

Â