West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

4 wins all season, the least of any team in the top flight and they are still out the bottom 3 which is quite remarkable, no win in 18 games either. That banner they had printed is looking rather silly now.

Zat in defending an Irish player. Shocker. ;)

In all seriousness I think West Brom were mad to sell Long, especially to a relegation rival.

4 wins all season, the least of any team in the top flight and they are still out the bottom 3 which is quite remarkable, no win in 18 games either. That banner they had printed is looking rather silly now.

Didn't realise it was just 4. I like to think that if they go down our comeback against them at VP was what doomed them.

Edited by Mantis

Zat in defending an Irish player. Shocker. ;)

In all seriousness I think West Brom were mad to sell Long, especially to a relegation rival.

its not the relegation rival part that's worrying its that it disrupted their style, if they replaced him with a similar player they probably would have been ok, It would be like Villa selling Gabby and replacing him with Holt (permanently)

Who, Long?

yeah

Long did not have 6 months on his deal, he had 6 months + a 1 year option in the clubs favour. Long was sold to balance the books with anichebe and sessegnon deals.

Edited by Jimzk5

£7m for Long is also ridiculous. Kozak cost less.

Give me Long over Kozak any day.

At least he has some kind of footballing ability.

amazingly only 1 more goal in a lot more games ;)

Long, Lukaku and Odemwingie off the top of my head contributed 30 league goals for WBA last season so well over 50%. Obviously Odemwingie was always going to go after his antics but really when you lose 30 goals from an 8th place team and replace them with Anchiebe, Anelka and Sess who can't even contribute 10 goals then it's easy to see why they're probably going to get relegated now.

That and Mel changing the style of play so the back 4 looks less secure now.

Kozak has got to be one of the most underrated Villa players of recent time. Not that he's a world beater or anything, but he gets a ridiculous amount of flak for somebody who did a decent job and scored a few goals in his first few months in English football before having his season cut short by injury.

It is because of when he arrived. 

Everyone on here was demanding a number 10 by the end of the window and instead our biggest outlay, coming in the last week, was on another centre forward. So now those fans vent their frustrations at him.

If Kozak had arrived at the start of the window or had come in with a number 10 as well, with the scoring record he has, he'd be a fan favourite now. 

• Like 4

I think it could be because he seems very slow. Slower than Darren Bent. I think he's decent, but I do worry how we will play if he's our main striker when (if) Benteke leaves.

Could it be that some people just don't rate Kozak because he actually doesn't possess much ability? Scoring a few poacher-ish goals doesn't change that.

I think that Kozak has done okay so far, anyone who would prefer long to him is mad though. Long is a proven chance misser and arguably the worst finisher in the league. The amount of chances he has missed for Ireland explain why the obese Robbie Keane is still plodding away up front.  

• Like 1

Â