The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

He was unable to bring any players in, he didn't have the backing of the chairman, he was frustated and tired and thought screw this i don't need it anymore. He didn't resign before because he thought he could bring players in in January. Nothing to do with saving reputation or cowardness. He wasn't backed by the chairman simple!

What absolute nonsense.

He is a coward, a disgusting human being and i'm glad I don't have to look at him anymore.

If Harry Redknapp is a "disgusting human being", an ISIS militant is what, "a REALLY disgusting human being"? Redknapp evokes emotion, but that is bonkers!

The two are mutual exclusive, so can co-exist under the same description, irrespective of the scale of the adjective.

CockneyWanker.jpg

• Like 2

He'll land on his feet. By reputation he is still someone who can get you up out of the Championship. There'll always be a chairman willing to give him a shot while that's still true. Only Daniel Levy has so far been able to keep control of melt-face's financial scattergun approach to squad building though.

I would've said he would be a stick on for the Bournemouth job before retirement considering he lives down there, depends on if Howe gets poached in the near future.

To me he's a bit like MON was at Sunderland, he realised his last job was his last chance to manage at the top level of the premier league and you could see the spark and motivation had gone.

Edit: QPR's transfer policy always seems shambolic to me. Signing Jordan Mutch....and then selling him 6 months later. Also trying to send back Zarate and getting another West Ham player on loan before it was people out that was against the rules.

Edited by VillaChris

When QPR went down 2 seasons ago the media tried to shift the blame from him by saying that Hughes left the club in a really bad position. Wonder what they'll say if QPR go down now? Presumably it'll be the new guy's fault.

You can pretty much guarantee that. He is a media darling simply because he was always more than happy to spout off to them and give them a bit of a story.

For me the guy is a complete fraud.

Martin Samuel in the Mail is the worst for this even though he does frequently does write good opinion pieces.

Very pro Redknapp and frequently does anti Hodgson articles after England games no matter the result. Or that could be Mantis, who knows? ;)

Apparently Sherwood's appointment is on hold because he's demanding too much money.

The guy is a prick. He's had one job, for 6 months. He doesn't even have his pro license yet AFAIK. 

He's in no position to be turning down premier league clubs. He should be grateful that clubs in the top flight are considering him!

• Like 1

He was unable to bring any players in, he didn't have the backing of the chairman, he was frustated and tired and thought screw this i don't need it anymore. He didn't resign before because he thought he could bring players in in January. Nothing to do with saving reputation or cowardness. He wasn't backed by the chairman simple!

What absolute nonsense.

He is a coward, a disgusting human being and i'm glad I don't have to look at him anymore.

If Harry Redknapp is a "disgusting human being", an ISIS militant is what, "a REALLY disgusting human being"? Redknapp evokes emotion, but that is bonkers!

The two are mutual exclusive, so can co-exist under the same description, irrespective of the scale of the adjective.

CockneyWanker.jpg

This.

Hawwy redknapp. Cocksock of the highest order. Managerial fraud and charlatan. He's just done to qpr what O'Neill did to us. Allegedly he quit at 5.30 am the morning after the window closed. Knee op? Yeah, right.

• Like 1

Managerial fraud and charlatan.

This. I also see that photos of him standing on the sidelines at the stoke game and out walking his dog are doing the rounds. Complete fraud. Levy was the only Chairman who saw him for what he was, the others let him bankrupt their club.

• Like 1

I thought he did a good job at Spurs.  :mellow:

He did to be fair to him.

but he was massivley helped by having a decent squad to take over and a certain Gareth Bale exploding onto the scene and carrying the team. And, despite Redknapp's claims, he wasn't responsible for Bale's talent (he wanted to loan him out to Forest).

So yes, his tactic of stick 11 players on the pitch and let them do what they want worked at Spurs, because he had good players and a chairman/director of football who added to the squad effectively (by all accounts Harry didn't have much control over who signed, see the Van Der Vaart signing)

Unfortunately, at a team struggling in the league that doesn't really cut it anymore. His inability to set a team up away from home has always been there, but it's hit a monumental low this season and will probably be the reason QPR go down.

• Like 1

... Sherwood's appointment ...

He doesn't even have his pro license yet AFAIK.

I thought that second sentence would preclude the first one from happening.

but he was massivley helped by having a decent squad to take over and a certain Gareth Bale exploding onto the scene and carrying the team. And, despite Redknapp's claims, he wasn't responsible for Bale's talent (he wanted to loan him out to Forest).

So yes, his tactic of stick 11 players on the pitch and let them do what they want worked at Spurs, because he had good players and a chairman/director of football who added to the squad effectively (by all accounts Harry didn't have much control over who signed, see the Van Der Vaart signing)

Unfortunately, at a team struggling in the league that doesn't really cut it anymore. His inability to set a team up away from home has always been there, but it's hit a monumental low this season and will probably be the reason QPR go down.

He claimed, and was given credit for, moving Bale to LW when he'd been playing there incredibly well for Wales under Toshack for over a year.

Arse.

I'm not saying he was a managerial great and anyone would've improved that side massively after Ramos. He did, however, get them in the Champions League which is an achievement.

I'm not comfortable extolling Arry's virtues so I'll leave it there. 

he did ok but for me its like people that say MON did a great job here, they didnt they just got the bare minimum with squad and money at their disposal. Both of them coughed up huge leads over Arsenal as well

was he the manager when they could have sold bale to blues?

He had a team with Modric, King, Van Der Vaart, Bale and a prime Scott Parker and still **** up a huge lead against Arsenal

Yes he had Bale and Modric but the season they finished 4th ahead of City and us was an achievement, They also reached the quarters of the champions league. Its easy to dig holes in people's achievements but have Spurs finished top 4 since he left, NO! How much have they spent since he left? 

Edited by PaulC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â