January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Makes no sense to me either, we can't be as badly off as the toffees?

This is all about Lerner being a stubborn idiot, why no money? Lerner doesn't want to spend it that's why!

Wages wages wages I imagine. I can't imagine Everton's wage to turnover % being as high as ours. 

Maybe Everton can take guarantee getting the extra revenue from the Premier League next season, and are prepared to spend some of that now to try and get Champions League, if they don't get Champions League, they just have less to spend next season.

Villa can't guarantee anything. Not that I dont think we should spend the money, just Everton are in a more stable position to take a risk on money they are guaranteed, ours would be a gamble.

Maybe Everton can take guarantee getting the extra revenue from the Premier League next season, and are prepared to spend some of that now to try and get Champions League, if they don't get Champions League, they just have less to spend next season.

Villa can't guarantee anything. Not that I dont think we should spend the money, just Everton are in a more stable position to take a risk on money they are guaranteed, ours would be a gamble.

Oh well let's throw in the towell right now then like the club seem to have since Christmas???

Wages wages wages I imagine. I can't imagine Everton's wage to turnover % being as high as ours. 

Thats the issue isn't it

He will not increase the wage bill.. I guess players out on loan don't count (Hutton) as they might end up back here in a few months time at seasons end.. So this is the issue. In fairness this is always what the General used to say too... The transfer fees not an issue as such just the wage bill.

Trouble is by the time the wage bill clears it will probably be too late... Then presumably we have to lower it still further to account for the Championship.

Very weird. Especially as all those we are competing against for survival have taken the opposite route & are spending.

Talk about being hung out to dry!

see, I would've thought that Everton more than any other club would be comparable both in terms of revenue and wages. I have no facts at hand to back this up I just would've assumed. Looking at their squad they would have high earners like us and now we have all those kids, surely their wages must be close to ours?

see, I would've thought that Everton more than any other club would be comparable both in terms of revenue and wages. I have no facts at hand to back this up I just would've assumed. Looking at their squad they would have high earners like us and now we have all those kids, surely their wages must be close to ours?

I can't imagine them having many players on 50k+ . I could be wrong. We have Ireland, Bent, Nzogbia Given all on hefty wages. They probably have Fellaini, Baines? I dunno, would be interesting to compare Villa's wage bill to Everton's.

Is anyone else getting sick and tired with worrying about wages? haha. 

Edited by PieFacE

First of all if we sign Malouda i won't be disappointed we lack flair and he will offer us a different kind of outlet to what we already have

But I cannot see it happening it defies all logic

Were trying to get the wage bill down so why would we sign someone on loan for big wages?

He's not the DM we desperately need but its a start id rather us sign someone than nobody at least try something

Edited by AshVilla

Malouda?

Pretty much the last type of player we need, but still better than 80% of our current team at the same time.

Would improve us, but the money would be MUCH better spent on a decent DM.

First of all if we sign Malouda i won't be disappointed we lack flair and he will offer us a different kind of outlet to what we already have

But I cannot see it happening it defies all logic

Were trying to get the wage bill down so why would we sign someone on loan for big wages?

He's not the DM we desperately need but its a start id rather us sign someone than nobody at least try something

Hutton / Warnock out on loan = someone in on loan maybe?? Equivalent "loan" wages are freed up?

lerner better not show his face at VP this season if no one comes in as we are as good as downthanks lerner for relegating us even doug never did that since the premier league was formed

No he just did it 5 years after the team won the European Cup instead.

FFS - revisionism at its finest.

• Like 1

Could be a replacement for the curly one?

Twitter saying Juan Quintero is going for 10 mill and we can't go passed 7.5 mill, which was also our highest bid for coutinho

Would be nice, but I'm more likely to find accurate transfer news in my shoe than I am on twitter.