January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Yes they are competing at the 21 point level, whereas we are competing at the 20 point level.

It is only a matter of time before they pick up a few wins on the trot given the calibre of players already in their team (and the ones they will acquire).

Prey tell me what calibre of players will enable us to string some draws together let alone victories?

It is only a matter of time before they pick up a few wins on the trot given the calibre of players already in their team (and the ones they will acquire).

Prey tell me what calibre of players will enable us to string some draws together let alone victories?

You are correct. I imagine they will easily pick up 3 points in their next away game.

well that calibre of players has been terrible most of season. Star striker gone, best defender wants out and Cabaye and Tiote injury problems. hardly looking like they are that great when relying on James Perch or Mike Williamson

I just wish we had the funds/were interested in signing the likes of Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko and Gouffran. If Newcastle get those 3, along with Haidara, I can't see them struggling for too long.

Really hope we can get a couple of players in though. It will get to a point where NRC and Curtis Davies would delight me if the alternative is signing nobody at all. (Not quite there yet mind you).

well what if they dont settle in until summer. Newcastle are badly needing a striker at the moment as Cisse and ameobi wont score enough goals

They're after Gouffran apparently. If they get him I assume that they won't be offering for Bent this window.

well what if they dont settle in until summer. Newcastle are badly needing a striker at the moment as Cisse and ameobi wont score enough goals

Lets not fool ourselves into thinking Newcastle will get relegated. Quality shines through over the course of 38 games.

Lets not fool ourselves into thinking Newcastle will get relegated. Quality shines through over the course of 38 games.

yes i remember they said that about Newcastle in 08/09 which had a better squad

They're after Gouffran apparently. If they get him I assume that they won't be offering for Bent this window.

Gouffran is more of a winger and from what I saw he isnt that much better than Obertan

Yes, I'll go and tell him now.

I'll say "Paul, this kid on the net reckons I need to tell you that you need a defensive midfielder and that you've got some money to spend because, well, you didn't know that".

Good idea, because he's under the assumption there is no money to spend - but I'm sure you know more than him

You're just making yourself look pretty stupid now. There's so many complexities to signing players within a wage budget. You make it sound like a game of Football Manager. Plus there's still 9 days left FFS. Most of the business happens in the last couple of days.

Really?? Mazrim claims he knows "indirectly from the top" (???) that there is money available for transfers. If that were true I can tell you now that Lambert would have signed a DCM. **** waiting until the last day of the window.

This is yet another stick to beat Lambert with. I can see it now "Why didn't he sign someone in January? We had the money - Mazrim said so!!!!"

You seem like you're losing it a bit Cas.

I don't know who is beating Lambert with anything. Certainly I'm not.

Basically it seems to me that your whole shtick is based on your opinion that Lambert would have signed somebody by now if he had money, rather than it just being the usual case of silly season chicken that even clubs like Arsenal, with an apparent fortune to spend, have to play.

This is yet another stick to beat Lambert with. I can see it now "Why didn't he sign someone in January? We had the money - Mazrim said so!!!!"

At the moment we don't need another stick to beat Lambert with. There is a tree of them.