January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

The time of Villa paying 50k/week for a player looking for 1 last big pay day are over. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend.

good, we should never of provided a retirement fund for any player, ginola, pires just to name two

We should be looking at the Newcastle model. Hopefully our scouts will be finding our very own Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Cisse and Ba. All picked up for about £30m total. Boy could we do with players like that at our club right now. All will be on competitive wages at their club and all the right side of 28.

It is perplexing that we we managed draws against Stoke and Arsenal, and that was largely with the kids.

There is clearly no one single factor that has meant we have unravelled as we have.

But it feels like groundhog day seeing the same players that nearly got us relegated last season somehow given a chance to do it again.

Whether or not you sight injuries as the main factor, the fact the players couldn't pass to anyone other than the opposition today is down to Lambert.

We can't set up to defend vs Swansea, worrying about losing is one thing but now it's by how many which is an absolute **** disgrace.

Edited by VillanousOne

If we're serious about staying up let's go for Marin on loan from Chelsea, he's on his way to QPR but we might at least try

Guidetti or Keane also on loan

I have no realistic names for midfield but we need atleast 2 new quality players.

And then there is the defence...

Surely the only reason any quality player would come to us would be high wages.

And are we prepared the pay these?

It looks as though we will have to.

Surely the only reason any quality player would come to us would be high wages.

And are we prepared the pay these?

They don't have to be high , just higher than what the player is already on . There are good players in top flight European leagues who earn half of what Ireland does.

big wages, short contracts, until some of the younger players can gain the experience needed.

playing a bunch of young average players and then adding more young average players to them is not going to work, even if some of these players has 'potential' to be great three years down the line.

I like Lowton, but he is not immune from criticism, his ability to cross is awful and when he is the only width we have on the right you do wonder. Lichaj not being able to cross doesn't help either.

The only reason players will want to come to Villa is the fact they know they will get a game!!!

Hmmm, let me think. Spend money now in order to get quality players in to avoid relegation or potentially get relegated and lose more than our January outlay on missing out on the TV deal, lower attendances and everything that follows. There's only so much scrimping Lerner can do if he wants to keep us in the league. Signing a £24m striker then selling anyone decent around him was the start.

i actually slightly agree with you tbf, but could he handle 90 minutes every week? and would he do it for low wages as we seek?

in another thread i agreed with someone about not signing old players for a last pay day on high money, but on the flip side, if it wouldnt cost much, surely randy would agree with it? not sure about PL though lol