Ashley Young

maqroll

Didn't expect him to get a new contract tbh. Kinda thought we might offer him a non playing role thou but maybe he wants to keep playing for another year which is fair enough.

Was one of my favorite players of the era for his first stint here so happily have him back when he retires if he wants to continue to be in football.

What a servant to this club, character, strength, knowledge and the ability to play in many position's. Would have liked for him to stay on the coaching side with the youth as an example of what can be achieved by using all your best qualities to push beyond your limits. Thank you Ashley Young for all those incredible games and all the best for the future.

3 hours ago, Dale said:

Can we please sign a 35 year old now. I don't like the idea of being older than all of the first team squad.

I'm older than any two of them. Three in some cases. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

They’re grown adults being handsomely paid. They know what they signed up for. The club isn’t exactly leaving Young homeless. Young left us before when it suited him. McGinn and Mings will know when their time is up. Young was slowing up a lot. It was the right decision in my opinion. 

Exactly, he's a professional sportsman. It's not some damning indictment on him as a person, and he'll have known it was a possibility given his age and that he got a rolling extension last year. It might even have been his decision, though maybe not. But while it's a bit sad it's not a lack of 'loyalty'. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the memories Ash.

The young and original Ashley Young was an exciting talent who produced some great moments for us. As a young man he made some mistakes  and I never thought he would turn into the model professional he has been over the last two years.

When you see some players come back to the club you often think they are going through the motions and just topping up the pension pot. Definitely not the case here. It’s really hard to put a value on his contribution on and off the pitch.

Whatever we have asked of him, left back, right back, midfield he just slotted in seemlessly. Off the pitch you hope that someone like JJ will have him as a role model to base his development on.

I am sure there is still a role for you in football for another year or two somewhere. Thanks and best wishes, it was a pleasure watching you in action.

They'll have a plan and I understand some will say this is a positive since it says we'll recruit even better.

Maybe, but I wanted Ash to continue another year. All the best Ashley.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â