Ashley Young

maqroll

Absolute no brainer for a new deal especially if we're playing every Thursday.

Sure the club will be looking to bring in another right back I've no doubt. It'll be a question if Young is happy with a more limited role next season because while for me he looks absolutely sensational and capable fitness wise, incredible this season, time can move quick on your body at 38. I don't think Unai will be looking to see Young start many games next season

100% give him another year (as long as he’s not asking stupid money). Leadership on and off the pitch, very versatile player who can cover multiple position. Has done it at the top level. Absolute no-brainer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Easily worth another year, even if he plays next to no minutes he’s a great influence on the training pitch.

Zero sentimentality for me.

Players in the squad needs to be an asset on the pitch and carry their weight.

Ash to be fair to him has done that this season. But he'll be 38 in the summer and i'm not sure what sort of wages he is on.

By a quick search it looks like Ashley Young has been involved in around thirty games for Villa this season.

His experience has been worthwhile and I'd keep him for another year even if he plays a little less (ten to fifteen games).

However perhaps Emery has other ideas and that is fine also.

He's worth another year. Time is starting to catch him but his mentality, his quality, his versatility is going to be useful in a season with a lot more games.

I'd definitely be taking to him about his feelings on going into coaching as well. His longevity at the highest levels of the game are testament to his professionalism and he might well translate that to being a really good coach.

• Like 1

10 minutes left seeing out games, in any competition. There's no one else I'd rather have on the pitch (maybe other than McGinn and his fat arse)

Another year please

• Like 2

There were times this season when he was one of our best players and he usurped Cash as first choice right back at one point - at 38 he needs careful management but he can still contribute and his experience is so invaluable 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Zero sentimentality for me.

Players in the squad needs to be an asset on the pitch and carry their weight.

Ash to be fair to him has done that this season. But he'll be 38 in the summer and i'm not sure what sort of wages he is on.

It’s not sentimental for me, despite his age he’s been excellent even in recent weeks.
He’s more than capable of covering Cash and he’s a figurehead/experienced winner in a dressing room that otherwise doesn’t have much of that.

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

It’s not sentimental for me, despite his age he’s been excellent even in recent weeks.
He’s more than capable of covering Cash and he’s a figurehead/experienced winner in a dressing room that otherwise doesn’t have much of that.

I  would imagine RB is an area we will look to be strengthening in the summer.

It's a definite weak link.

as 3rd choice LB/RB and general utility guy and figurehead club commercial captain or whatever it is, leader of the youngsters in the league cup and potential new coach etc I say sign him up.

As 1st/2nd choice RB I'd like to see us bring in someone new as a first team option.

• Like 1

Â