Renting - need some advice

MCU

If you can then sell the car and use trains/buses/lifts off people

If you want to keep the car and not worry about money then get a small studio/one bed in a cheaper area, I earn the same as you and am looking at places with a max rent of £400, other than that then you'll have to consider house sharing but that's pot luck with your house mates.

My plan is to move in with my mate so everything is halved.

All sounds fairly similar prices then. I reckon if I did it, I'll be just about managing.

Also, what is housing benefit for under 25's? Does everybody under 25 qualify for it?

Well, Cameron wants to end HB for people under 25. The Lib Dems disagree.

Your position is not straightforward, living with a student. Suggest you speak to an adviser, perhaps CAB. They can help advise taking into account local rent allowances, rules affecting students and so on.

• 4 weeks later...

And don't forget the estate agent fees, you have to pay for a credit check per person can be anything from £100 to £150 each then 2 months rent up front plus half again for a security deposit, you need about £1200 to cover the initial cost of moving in. The costs of the credit checks are non refundable too so if you pay for them then decide not to go through with it you lose the money, and you will have to pay again if you go for a different property.

**** that, Just contact the landlord direct and offer them 6 months rent upfront. Usually goes down well and stops you spunking money in the air that becomes so valuble when renting.

Just have a baby with you gf, you win!

Rent = free

Council Tax = free

hence other benefits...

Plus you have a lovely child :)

If only it was that easy lol. - Surely he would need the child living with him too? so what if the baby arrived and they split? he's **** right?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â