Miwdeek football 24/26 October

andykeenan

I dont think it is as black and white as you make it sound. It's not that Mancini isn't winning it, it's that he is woefully under performing in it. It took Chelsea ten years to finally win the thing despite Man City levels of investment in transfer fees and wages, but even in the years they failed to lift the trophy they looked like contenders. Wenger regularly reaches the latter stages of the competition, he has reached semi finals and a final. Has Mancini ever looked like a contender in any of his Champions League campaigns? This season is his sixth (or seventh?) crack at the competition, and I think a 5-0 aggregate defeat to AC Milan in the quarter finals is his best performance to date. At what point do you decide to look elsewhere?

No, I agree that two seasons in a row he has done poorly in Europe at Man City with big funds (I wouldn't consider Inter as being in the same league when compared to the spending power of the top English and Spanish teams) but on the other hand City have a small European coefficient and are drawn out of the hat in pot 3. Their groups consist of teams Chelsea and Man U would only have to face in the knock out stages.

The bottom line is, it really would be ridiculous to sack the manager who won the Premier League last season for doing poorly in a cup competition.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â