General England thread

kurtsimonw

have to say Ive no idea where you got that idea from. Their has been no indication that the FA would sack him especially a man that hasnt lost a competitive game.

wouldnt mind him at Villa if he was let go by FA. 

I was always under the impression he would leave after the World Cup. Don't know where I got that from.

Hodgson at Villa would be a disaster. I pray it never happens.

• Like 1

He's one of those managers that is really dull, but not because he's rubbish.

I'd wager he'll get us to the finals of every tournament he's in charge for.

But he's not the kind of manager, imo, who'll ever give us a chance of doing anything in those tournaments

(setting aside that we're not good enough anyway. But what I mean is MAYBE a different manager would srping a surprise here and there or try something different. i don't think Woy would.)

he is the manager that is organised, his teams dont entertain but they are solid and do a job. If he gets England out of the group in Brazil it will be seen as a success. 

They wont lose many games but he is adapting a Greece style to try score and defend it and England have nearly always been a hard team to break down

he is the manager that is organised, his teams dont entertain but they are solid and do a job. If he gets England out of the group in Brazil it will be seen as a success. 

They wont lose many games but he is adapting a Greece style to try score and defend it and England have nearly always been a hard team to break down

You wouldn't accept that approach at Villa so why is it ok for England?

I know you're not English but still.

Edited by Mantis

His West Brom team were functional but they played better football than we've played imo this season, same for Fulham as hopeless at Liverpool, no argument there.

He would've been sacked if England hadn't qualified for the WC, no England manager can realistically survive not qualifying for a major tournament.

Just thinking back to that mad run Fulham had in the Europa league, really enjoyed a lot of their games then including that amazing comeback v Juventus. All under Hodgson. Feck all chance of that happening anytime soon under Lambert.

His West Brom team were functional but they played better football than we've played imo this season, same for Fulham as hopeless at Liverpool, no argument there.

He would've been sacked if England hadn't qualified for the WC, no England manager can realistically survive not qualifying for a major tournament.

Just thinking back to that mad run Fulham had in the Europa league, really enjoyed a lot of their games then including that amazing comeback v Juventus. All under Hodgson. Feck all chance of that happening anytime soon under Lambert.

Yes but what have they done since. Hodgson didn't build his teams with the  future in mind. We are a work in progress!

He left Fulham in 2014, they've only started struggling this season. And he left Clarke some solid foundations at WBA. Spending was similar to what Lambert's had here at both club clubs pretty much and both were battling relegation when he took over.

He would've been a good transitional manager around the time McLeish took over imo.

FA back Hodgson to remain in England post until at least 2016

Have they learned nothing from 2010?

Let's see how he does in Brazil first.

He has to get out of the group at least.

They're easing pressure on him. The last thing we need is speculation about the manager getting the sack during a tournament.

He left Fulham in 2014, they've only started struggling this season. And he left Clarke some solid foundations at WBA. Spending was similar to what Lambert's had here at both club clubs pretty much and both were battling relegation when he took over.

He would've been a good transitional manager around the time McLeish took over imo.

Transitional is the word because long-term he would never be right for our club. He has a  mixed success rate as a club manager in England. He failed at Bristol City, Blackburn and Liverpool so there's no guarantee he would have succeeded at Villa.

I would argue Blackburn. In his one full season they finished 6th didn't they after struggling for a couple of years after their title win and Dalglish immediately leaving.

Edit: That was actually the season Blackburn beat us 4-0 at VP and 5-0 at Ewood so yet more negative garbage from Hodgson there.

Edited by VillaChris

I would argue Blackburn. In his one full season they finished 6th didn't they after struggling for a couple of years after their title win and Dalglish immediately leaving.

Edit: That was actually the season Blackburn beat us 4-0 at VP and 5-0 at Ewood so yet more negative garbage from Hodgson there.

So thrashing us twice makes him a positive manager? I don't think so. Even Hodgson himself probably wouldn't try and deny that he's a defensive manager.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â