Art / Modern Art 'Appreciation'

chrisp65

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

An appreciative gnod of the head in your direction for that one, Mr P.

Anything on Rocket is fine by me.

It was pure coincidence a couple of us elsewhere were discussing the artwork and how we could nick it for a project and then this thread popped back up. 

• Like 3

I don't know how to understand what paintings mean or how to tell the difference between a good painting and a bad one, I just like the ones that I find visually appealing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Anything on Rocket is fine by me.

I may have said this elsewhere, I love Rocket and I'm not really a labelist but I'm often shocked when I get vinyl home and again its on Rocker. Always really well packaged too

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

spacer.png

$70m for a e-collage.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-auction-christie-s-nft/digital-only-artwork-fetches-nearly-70-million-at-christies-idUSKBN2B3275

“Everydays - The First 5000 Days” is a digital work by American artist Mike Winkelmann, known as Beeple. It is a collage of 5,000 individual images, which were made one-per-day over more than thirteen years.

The sale of the work for $69,346,250 put Beeple in the top three most valuable living artists, Christie’s said in a tweet.

The work is in the form of a new type of digital asset - a Non-Fungible Token (NFT) - meaning it is authenticated by blockchain, which certifies its originality and ownership."

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

d6aaf09a-252c-46d3-a758-da0f3f2f9e96_g.J

I was admiring this one yesterday that has a childlike quality, 'Creeping Cat' by Karel Appel.

Edited by useless
Edit: It wasn't actually this cat, but one by the same artist done in a similar style. I like this one too.

• 1 year later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â