Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

They loved coming on here to explain how their football was levels above anything we’d ever known. Now they’re just a distant bad memory, like their beloved Bielsa, and like their chances of competing in the Premier League. 

On 10/08/2024 at 14:51, DCJonah said:

Remember their arrogance that year they got promoted. Brilliant.

Yep. And I'll never forget the 'championship experts' that came on here to tell us how we would never get out either.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Yep. And I'll never forget the 'championship experts' that came on here to tell us how we would never get out either.

Teaching us how to protest our owners

On 10/08/2024 at 15:04, It's Your Round said:

They loved coming on here to explain how their football was levels above anything we’d ever known. Now they’re just a distant bad memory, like their beloved Bielsa, and like their chances of competing in the Premier League. 

I used to post on a Brentford forum for a time -- when they were my local team -- and I remember their fans complaining bitterly about Leeds because Leeds fans used to go on there and do exactly what they did on ours.

Seems to be a cultural problem.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

I used to post on a Brentford forum for a time -- when they were my local team -- and I remember their fans complaining bitterly about Leeds because Leeds fans used to go on there and do exactly what they did on ours.

Seems to be a cultural problem.

I'd have more respect for them if they hung round. But the two or three who always posted on here ran off as fast as possible. 

• Like 2

I like following Leeds as a local and most their fans I meet are decent and know their football.

The Square Ball podcast is elite tier football podcasting and I would love for Villa fans to be able to produce something of similar quality. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Every Leeds fan I’ve ever met know f all about football

Well we've lived different lives it seems. The wonders of the universe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

That deal makes zero sense financially

I think it just outright makes zero sense...

He's not an outright number 9, he's not really much of a goalscorer, if he plays off the striker then that where Pedro plays and he's their best attacker 

They'll start the season with welbeck up front hoping Ferguson comes good, 3rd year in a row

6 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

40 mill for Rutter???!. 

And West Ham wouldn't pony up that amount for Duran so weird. 

Brighton should have got Duran, he would fit their actual need better 

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it just outright makes zero sense...

He's not an outright number 9, he's not really much of a goalscorer, if he plays off the striker then that where Pedro plays and he's their best attacker 

They'll start the season with welbeck up front hoping Ferguson comes good, 3rd year in a row

Brighton should have got Duran, he would fit their actual need better 

Rutter’s stats are terrible. No Prem goals - he only ever got 8 goals and 18 in the Championship. Utterly baffling to spend £40m on. 

They've got some weird fans. Currently in Spain, beautiful day, sat by the pool. Lad who I met earlier puts his villa shirt on to go to the bar. Up pops some toothless weirdo (with a black Country accent) shouting 'Up The Leeds!' Then his stunning* missus starts rummaging in her bag to pull out a Leeds bucket hat, before sticking it proudly on her burnt head, gleefully pointing at the badge. 

*Actual appearance may differ from that advertised 

On 15/08/2024 at 18:51, The_Steve said:

Rutter’s stats are terrible. No Prem goals - he only ever got 8 goals and 18 in the Championship. Utterly baffling to spend £40m on. 

Dead cert guarantee that he will score his first against us then !

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â