Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

One of these football myths that have spun up over the years. Leeds have never been a traditional big club and just had a pretty good spell in the 70s.

Giants like Middlesbrough, Stoke, Bolton and our neighbours from League 1 have had more top flight seasons than them

Hahaha, I did not know that! So even sha have had more top flight seasons than Leeds! Wow, that is a very embarrasing stat for Leeds United 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I lived in and around Leeds for nearly 20 year's. 

I can count on one hand the number of decent Leeds fan's I met in that time.

Tbf I did too, for pretty much the same length of time from 2000- 2022. I've met a lot of decent Leeds fans and loved the city. 

• Like 1

They got these guys out on loan, imagine all will be sold. That'll bring in some money but obviously only a fraction of what they need.

Luis Sinisterra
Left Winger
25 €17.00m Colombia
AFC Bournemouth Bournemouth
England Premier League
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Maximilian Wöber
Centre-Back
26 €14.00m Austria
Borussia Mönchengladbach Bor. M'gladbach
Germany Bundesliga
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Brenden Aaronson
Attacking Midfield
23 €14.00m United States
1.FC Union Berlin Union Berlin
Germany Bundesliga
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Marc Roca
Defensive Midfield
27 €10.00m Spain
Real Betis Balompié Real Betis
Spain LaLiga
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Rasmus Kristensen
Right-Back
26 €10.00m Denmark
AS Roma AS Roma
Italy Serie A
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Diego Llorente
Centre-Back
30 €8.00m Spain
AS Roma AS Roma
Italy Serie A
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

https://www.transfermarkt.com/leeds-united/transfers/verein/399/plus/1?saison_id=2024&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

The issue for them is everyone knows they need the money so they'll be vulnerable to panic sales at discount prices and in the end will probably still way short of what they need. Not a position you want to be in. 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They’ve spent more time outside the top flight in their history than in it. 

They’re just an average sized club. 

I think they’re one of these clubs that benefitted from a spell of being quite good when the premier league and champions league first boomed in the 90s. So everyone associates them with being that successful. When in fact it was an anomaly

I agree with that, they had an exciting team around 2000 so probably why people remember them. A bit like a team like Deportivo or Parma

I might be wrong but I think I read that Leeds is bigger than Manchester and Newcastle and might be a reason why they get a bit more media hype as well

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They’ve spent more time outside the top flight in their history than in it. 

They’re just an average sized club. 

I think they’re one of these clubs that benefitted from a spell of being quite good when the premier league and champions league first boomed in the 90s. So everyone associates them with being that successful. When in fact it was an anomaly

And also the period during 1965-1975 where they were continuously very good although they lost more finals and titles than they won. During that time football was started to be broadcast to a wider audience and Leeds benefitted from that also. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I agree with that, they had an exciting team around 2000 so probably why people remember them. A bit like a team like Deportivo or Parma

I might be wrong but I think I read that Leeds is bigger than Manchester and Newcastle and might be a reason why they get a bit more media hype as well

Leeds is technically the 3rd biggest city in England behind London and Brum. In reality 'Manchester' as in Greater Manchester is bigger

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Leeds is technically the 3rd biggest city in England behind London and Brum. In reality 'Manchester' as in Greater Manchester is bigger

Greater Manchester is just like the w

West Midlands, its not a city. Leeds could become greater Leeds and stick Bradford and a few other areas on their population, same as Birmingham could with Wolverhampton,  Solihull, Sandwell.

Leeds is a bigger city than Manchester.

I can't believe people can call Leeds a average club, their clearly not by the thread we have on here and our games against them felt bigger than all the other championship clubs and a fair amount of Premier league clubs to boot. Saying their a big club takes nothing away from us.

It's tribalism.

• Like 1

Yep third biggest city in the biggest county in england. Their support is and should be big. Easily the biggest supported club in Yorkshire and have a few scattered around the country also. That being said their attendances haven’t reflected this overtime although they sell out regular at the minute. 

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t really feel glee about seeing rival teams in financial trouble.

Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing them lose on the pitch, but I think it sucks how much the financial side almost overshadows the actual football discussion in modern football. 

Except for small heath ;)

11 hours ago, sne said:

They got these guys out on loan, imagine all will be sold. That'll bring in some money but obviously only a fraction of what they need.

Luis Sinisterra
Left Winger
25 €17.00m Colombia
AFC Bournemouth Bournemouth
England Premier League
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Maximilian Wöber
Centre-Back
26 €14.00m Austria
Borussia Mönchengladbach Bor. M'gladbach
Germany Bundesliga
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Brenden Aaronson
Attacking Midfield
23 €14.00m United States
1.FC Union Berlin Union Berlin
Germany Bundesliga
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Marc Roca
Defensive Midfield
27 €10.00m Spain
Real Betis Balompié Real Betis
Spain LaLiga
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Rasmus Kristensen
Right-Back
26 €10.00m Denmark
AS Roma AS Roma
Italy Serie A
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

Diego Llorente
Centre-Back
30 €8.00m Spain
AS Roma AS Roma
Italy Serie A
End of loan
Jun 30, 2024

https://www.transfermarkt.com/leeds-united/transfers/verein/399/plus/1?saison_id=2024&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Aaronson has already been sent back

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

I wonder how CJ Golson is getting on these days?

Haha. I genuinely came on to post that just now.  

Such a shame for the poor fella. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t really feel glee about seeing rival teams in financial trouble.

Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing them lose on the pitch, but I think it sucks how much the financial side almost overshadows the actual football discussion in modern football. 

No **** em, they've had many years of poor business management, many years of acting above their station, THAT game in the Championship, the pathetic lauding of a the Bucket **** Biesla when Deano was clearly the better manager, their shitty ground, the myth that Bamford is anything more than a cello shagging register case, **** em. 

They need to know their place, and it ain't alongside us. Get em down to League 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think Leeds actually do a good job of owning their catchment area and retaining their fan base too, they feel almost newcastle-esque in that they're on an island up there rather than pissing fans in every direction like Brum does as a city 

• Like 1

I've lived in both Leeds and Manchester and the idea of Leeds being the third biggest city in the country is wrong. They've done a Greater Manchester to increase population stats by having areas 10 miles away (like Skipton/Ilkley etc) get included. You can walk across the city centre in less than half an hour. It's boosted by having little towns very close to it (Headingley, Horsforth, Chapel Allerton) but the City isn't actually that big. It also struggles as Leeds also has very good rugby league, and cricket close by and Bradford is only 5 miles away.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â