Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If he does go to Leeds as much as it will be made out that its a huge coup for them and its massive club Leeds back in the big time the reality will be that his agent spoke to half of Europe first and they said no

That's probably down to wages and age.

That doesn't mean he isn't still a good striker.

Edited by villalad21

He’s quite injury prone too isn’t he?

I’d be tempted for something like £15m all in 1 year deal plus another year option for the club. I doubt he’d take it but he could get you through that first difficult season it would be good business.

Could pay him £10m upfront and £100k a week.

Edited by Genie

Bielsa will be a pull for quite a few south American players, young and old. He is highly regarded over there.

Doesn't mean those players will work out or that Leeds will be able to bring them in anyway. But having a Bielsa as managers opens up a market that otherwise would not be available to a club like Leeds in it's current state.

Will be an interesting window for their fans. They'll be used by papers and agents to promote players and generate clicks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You can’t really compare, strikers that almost never score are a waste of money regardless of how much they get paid.

Cavani could easily score more goals in 2 years than Wes and Ally combined in 5

He could also easily become another Shevchenko or Morientes

Cavani is a "free" transfer which obviously will include a signing fee and agent fee. Those will be pretty massive no doubt. And I imagine Cavani will ask closer to £300K/w than £100k.

Can't see Leeds paying that much for someone who's been injured almost the whole season. He's still a fantastic #9 and if fit I'm certain he'd get 15-20 even for a lower half team but it's too big a risk I imagine.

Would be spectacular if they got him thou, as big a coup as them getting Bielsa in the Championship.

Only think I'd say for Cavani signing is it will make other players sit up and take notice that Leeds are on the up again and worth considering.

Reminds me of when Chelsea signed Gullit who was about 34 but he started the invasion of good serie A players to Chelsea in mid 90s, Zola himself was 30.

Spurs signed Van Der Vaart when he was 29 I think.

It seems we never get those signings right at all when you think how ineffective Ginola, Pires and Danny f***ing Drinkwater have all been playing for us. Luc Nilis wouldn't been good but for the terrible injury.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Only think I'd say for Cavani signing is it will make other players sit up and take notice that Leeds are on the up again and worth considering.

Reminds me of when Chelsea signed Gullit who was about 34 but he started the invasion of good serie A players to Chelsea in mid 90s, Zola himself was 30.

Spurs signed Van Der Vaart when he was 29 I think.

It seems we never get those signings right at all when you think how ineffective Ginola, Pires and Danny f***ing Drinkwater have all been playing for us. Luc Nilis wouldn't been good but for the terrible injury.

Luc Nilis would have been one of our best signings ever had he not gotten injured. That I'm sure of.

Even at 33 he was amazing. Stupendous player. One of my all time favorite players. Oh what could have been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Cavani is a "free" transfer which obviously will include a signing fee and agent fee. Those will be pretty massive no doubt. And I imagine Cavani will ask closer to £300K/w than £100k.

Can't see Leeds paying that much for someone who's been injured almost the whole season. He's still a fantastic #9 and if fit I'm certain he'd get 15-20 even for a lower half team but it's too big a risk I imagine.

Would be spectacular if they got him thou, as big a coup as them getting Bielsa in the Championship.

I suggested £10m signing fee plus £100k/w, same overall as £300k/w but doesn’t destroy the wage structure at the club.

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

RE: Leeds & Cavani, I'd much rather be spending money on another Wesley type signing (e.g. young with potential) than giving a 33 y/o close to £100k (or more) a week. 

It’s all good to have players like that (Wesley type) IF you’ve got someone scoring the goals already as your number 1 striker. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I suggested £10m signing fee plus £100k/w, same overall as £300k/w but doesn’t destroy the wage structure at the club.

Sure, throw in a few performance bonuses and what not.

• Like 1

We'd lose a shed load of money on Wesley so there's no guarentee with signing players under 25 either. Bad long term injury and we overpay for him by a good 10m in first place aswell.

We signed Darren Bent when he was 26 on big wages so he cost us over 30m while he was here yet we gave him a free contract at the end. McCormack another example.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Linked to Cavani.

That's the sort of players that is available if you've got a high profile coach.

"Linked" being the key word.

And in any case he's 33 and will demand MASSIVE wages.

Interesting was listening to an interview the other day with ex Villa player Neil Cox. He said when Boro signed Ravanelli it ruined the squad morale as he only cared for himself amd his goal record compared Juninho and Emerson 

Could see Cavani doing the same, not even sure he speaks English and he has been in Uruguay the last few months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We signed Darren Bent when he was 26 on big wages so he cost us over 30m while he was here yet we gave him a free contract at the end. McCormack another example.

Bent was a panic but to avoid relegation, and he scored the goals to keep us up. From that point of view he did what we wanted from him. The problem was we didn’t push on from survival, and eventually dropped. I hope 1) we survive tomorrow and then 2) we push on and get away from the trap door.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bent was a panic but to avoid relegation, and he scored the goals to keep us up. From that point of view he did what we wanted from him. The problem was we didn’t push on from survival, and eventually dropped. I hope 1) we survive tomorrow and then 2) we push on and get away from the trap door.

Mid table has to be the objective next season if we stay up.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â