Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Stats are for nerds, along with adults wearing replica football kits. 

Or, you know, people wanting to deal in facts rather than bollocks ;) 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I like Leeds, they're a proper football club - if I got to pick a Premier league of twenty teams I think should be there, they'd most likely be in it.

That was my point. Their a well known and well supported club. Who, I believe, should be plying their trade in the "Premiership", I'm really warming to that word. 

No one said they have a divine right, but, I for one, believe they will more than hold their own next season. 

18 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Not a big fan of of "X teams deserves to be in X league because of non-playing metric" personally.  Leeds have been promoted because they've played well enough to earn it this season.  They've been where they for so long because they weren't good enough.  Your Bournemouths, Brightons or whatever, they are where they are because they've earned it.  I'm all for giving respect where it's due for a club's stature, history etc. but something like "well X are a real team, proper fans, big stadium, be better to have them in the top-flight than some tinpot outfit", nah not for me.  To each their own, though.

Exactly this.

Football doesn't reward stature or size (or exaggerated stature in this case).

Bournemouth deserve to be in the Premier League more than Leeds this season because they've been rewarded for their performances over the last decade working their way up to this point. 

Leeds are a shit club being run by a string of shithouses and they've paid the price. They've worked their way back up and fair play to them, but they are in the Premier League next season on merit, not because of their supposed stature.

It's elitist bullshit to suggest some clubs deserve to be in the top tier over others because they're bigger. And I include Villa in that. This isn't American sport.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Good on the Leeds fans who did help clean up that horrid mess

I've watched loads of games from there (usually England ones), seen it after New Years, after the Christmas Market and various other things but never seen it anywhere near that bad. 

I don't know where that is from, but I've seen a few of their comics, and I can never make it through, I find that font genuinely difficult to read, it gives me a headache. Just me?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know where that is from, but I've seen a few of their comics, and I can never make it through, I find that font genuinely difficult to read, it gives me a headache. Just me?

I used to love them.

I think his stuff is still funny but there's so much writing these days I struggle a bit too!

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's David Squires from the Guardian. And agree about the Jack Charlton strip

They do seem a bitter lot up in Leeds don't they   ..article with Kalvin Phillips and it ends with

"I’m so pleased Victor told me I wasn’t leaving. I said that to him last night. He was thanking me for staying but I thanked him. I told him, ‘If it wasn’t for you, this wouldn’t be happening. I’d have been getting relegated with Aston Villa instead’.”

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked woth cavani and Ibrahimovic 

These are the kind of aignjngs that will get them in finamcial trouble and relegated

Yes but they will have lived the dream 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â