Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bielsa is an exceptional coach - but they're going to need better players to stay up.

I don't know. Think you are overrating the league.

SU field an eleven with mostly Champ players and are pushing for Europe.

Edited by villalad21

Leeds will struggle but probably survive. The talk of Champions League is as cringe as Xia. Augustin signed for £20m for a man who doesn’t want to be there. Defensive and goalkeeper questions too. 

Norwich are a prime example of dominating the Championship but not investing to stay in the league. Leeds are very capable of imploding as history shows in terms of their results. 

Some shrewd signings could see them get 14th-15th, but the gap between the elites and others will get larger and larger. 

Will Biesla handle the scrutiny or will it end in tears? Interesting times for them no doubt. 

• Like 1

Nice little pay hike for Bielsa when he extends his contract going from £6m to £8m per years. Worth every penny of course and even thou it's huge amount of money it's still nothing compared to what he brings and to what player transfer costs.

That silly contract extension we gave Smith will cost us a couple of million should the club decide to go in another direction.

• Like 1

They were paying a manager over 100k a week in the Championship and it took them 2 years to get promoted. I dont understand how anybody thinks thats good business.  Farke, Wilder and Smith salaries combined and you would still have more than half left in change

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They were paying a manager over 100k a week in the Championship and it took them 2 years to get promoted. I dont understand how anybody thinks thats good business.  Farke, Wilder and Smith salaries combined and you would still have more than half left in change

Yeah, that kind of money almost buys you a McCormack. 

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

transfer window will last 10 weeks, similar to what we had 

We had over two months to the first game and signed vast majority by middle of July. I meant first premier league game which if second weekend of September is correct will be eight weeks from now.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

What does that actually mean though?

What does it mean?

Most of the players that has carried them into the top half pushing for Europe didn't even win the Championship.

Shows you don't need world beaters to do well. Enda Stevens is their starting full back ffs

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bielsa is an exceptional coach - but they're going to need better players to stay up.

yep. They'll need at least one new striker (maybe even 2), a starting center half (Brighton would be mental to loan/sell Ben White back to them), and probably another one as backup. Said this before, but they already signed Hélder Costa & by all accounts he hasn't impressed that much.

Also depends on whether we think that a 35 y/o Pablo Hernandez can effectively open up PL defenses.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Is this true?!

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Apparently on 6million a year and now wants 8million

Having just done some reading, seems he was on £65k but his support staff (whom I presume he wouldn't join without) cost £50k. So, the full package is £115k per week. That's absolutely insane. 

They spent so much time giving us grief of our financials and FFP, they should've been looking closer to home.

Danny Murphy suggested today they go for Adam Lallana and Danny Rose as summer signings. Rose is Leeds born.

Can see people making the same points they made last summer for signing those types but generally Leeds have a young squad with lack of top level experience so don't think they'd be the worst two to pick up.

On 17/07/2020 at 20:34, sheepyvillian said:

I'm genuinely happy for them. Some of their football is an absolute pleasure and a team of their stature should be playing on the main stage. 

They've been outside the top flight for more of their history than they've been in it.

Their stature is a second tier club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/07/2020 at 18:17, sheepyvillian said:

Nice football, the type Man City, Chelsea,and Liverpool play and all three very successful Premier league teams. Did you see Leeds totally out football Arsenal in the FA Cup? They play the game in such an aesthetically pleasing way, a few shrewd signings and they should comfortably be mid - table. You are surely not denying they play wonderful football ? 

Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool don't play the same type of football. And none of them play the way Leeds play.

That's not saying Leeds don't play good football. At that level, when they're on it, they're a pleasure to watch.

But they're not similar to those teams.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Cascarino spouting they're the best team to ever be promoted 🙄

The bullshit around them is nearly as bad as Liverpool, they're not even the best Leeds team to be promoted 

I don't think they even make the top 5 best teams to be promoted from the Championship in the last 3 years.

Wolves definitely outperformed them, Newcastle and Brighton as well. Norwich will also get more points than Leeds can

I like how they some pundits were asked that Villa were a big team as well and struggled and response was yeah but its Bielsa. WTF does that mean. All his "disciples" have outperformed him 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wolves definitely outperformed them, Newcastle and Brighton as well. Norwich will also get more points than Leeds can

Yep. Newcastle and Brighton were far better than leeds were the season they both went up.

Wolves obviously were a million miles better. I think that Wolves side have a genuine claim to being one of the best Championship sides ever.

Norwich last season were better than them.

Like I said Leeds might scrape into the top 5 of the last 3 years. Some would argue Sheff Utd were better, especially given hindsight.

Edited by Stevo985

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â