Media and punditry

Jarpie

On 27/09/2024 at 22:28, HanoiVillan said:

Not to excuse this, because I think that's pretty embarrassing on their part, but I find this pretty common. I voiced my opinion that Martinez is at a similar level to Alisson to a couple of Liverpool friends and they didn't just laugh at it, they looked genuinely stunned, as if I'd suggested the Loonies might win the next General Election. Despite literally winning the Copa, then the World Cup, then the Lev Yashin thing, I think non-Villa fans just don't really rate him that highly.  

I agree with you, but just to add I think some of this is down to the fact that most people outside of Villa fans absolutely hate Emi. 

I think people judge him harshly as a result. 

If he was a really likeable guy then he'd probably get more credit. But I think people are less willing to do that when he's an absolute weapon

• Like 1

Bloody hell. I’ve just watched MOTD2. Please, BBC, don’t subject us to a Phil Jones defensive explanation again. “When Diego Carlos ran in the wrong direction and fell over, that’s when Delap had a good chance to score”, filled in with about 12 “Erm”s. Wow. That’s some punditry.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Bloody hell. I’ve just watched MOTD2. Please, BBC, don’t subject us to a Phil Jones defensive explanation again. “When Diego Carlos ran in the wrong direction and fell over, that’s when Delap had a good chance to score”, filled in with about 12 “Erm”s. Wow. That’s some punditry.

There isn't much going on in that big head of his.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

There isn't much going on in that big head of his.

Fast forward 10 years to when we have a punditry duo of Phil Jones and Harry Maguire.

Gary: “And now over to Phil and Harry to explain what went wrong for Manchester United’s defence.”

Phil: “Erm, at the end of the day, listen, y’know what I mean?”

Harry: “I’ll be honest, yeah, erm, it’s sort of, y’know, like, erm, at the end of the day”

Phil: “Exactly, like, listen, y’know, sort of, erm”

Harry: “Sort of, time and time again”

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â