Media and punditry

Jarpie

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was a story about 15 years ago and I think it was about Lee Dixon bizarrely. But apparently he did some research on some teams and was talking tactics and he got laughed at off air by other pundits as being too geeky so stopped

At least he tried. Yet, I wouldn’t be surprised he went to hard on the geekiness, and wasn’t that entertaining. What’s quite odd to say about the plank of wood that is Lee Dixon 

2 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

Rio Ferdinand on the Villa game was atrocious, puts no effort into the punditry element, and acts like he is some sort of genius when he has just repeated what someone else has already said.

There was a point where McCoist, Crouch and Fletcher(?) were having a little laugh at his expense, and he bit back and said that ‘jealousy is a ugly trait’. Rio, why would any of them be jealous of a drugs cheat, who allegedly cheated on his dying wife and had multiple affairs, and struggles to use words longer than two syllables? 

I’d rather listen to paint dry…… 

At one stage he was next to Crouch who looked embarrassed to be in his company 😂

40 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Villa - and others - played in Europe last night but a huge proportion of coverage - especially on SSN - is about Man U thrashing Barnsley in the League Cup. 😡 

Well, they were showing the league cup game, and their competitors were showing the CL games, not surprising really.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Villa - and others - played in Europe last night but a huge proportion of coverage - especially on SSN - is about Man U thrashing Barnsley in the League Cup. 😡 

To be fair that's just Sky's standard bias towards competitions/sports that they have the rights to.

I mean its really shit. But it's not a bias against us as such

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair that's just Sky's standard bias towards competitions/sports that they have the rights to.

I mean its really shit. But it's not a bias against us as such

Are you Lachlan in disguise?

22 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

Rio Ferdinand on the Villa game was atrocious, puts no effort into the punditry element, and acts like he is some sort of genius when he has just repeated what someone else has already said.

There was a point where McCoist, Crouch and Fletcher(?) were having a little laugh at his expense, and he bit back and said that ‘jealousy is a ugly trait’. Rio, why would any of them be jealous of a drugs cheat, who allegedly cheated on his dying wife and had multiple affairs, and struggles to use words longer than two syllables? 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On the MoTD champs league show, Jonathan Pearce (whom I can’t stand anyway) felt the need to let us all know that in terms of squad value it was £600M vs £60M or something to that effect. I’m not debating the fact but would that be added so snidely if it were City, United or Chelsea et al? 

Then we get Stephen Warnock providing two minutes of ‘analysis’.

Welsh weirdo BBC Jason, on debut as a BBC presenter of UEFA Champions League highlights, after years in the wilderness, decided that white trousers with white shoes was his ideal on-screen outfit. Does he need help? Or has the arrogant ego baton of Huw Edwards been passed on?

• Haha 1

Paul 'I dunno' Scholes.

If he's asked a question about anything. Food. Movies. Holidays. Restaurants.

It's either 'I dunno' or 'it's alright'

How he gets work is beyond me. I'm beginning to think Fergie lobotomised most his players as they're nearly all morons.

• Thanks 1

On 18/09/2024 at 00:54, Jenko#4 said:

Crouch turned his mic off at the start of the half and he was talking for about a minute without knowing.

Made me chuckle.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â