Media and punditry

Jarpie

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think underskirting is now illegal as well 

Thought it was upskirting, but I bow to your obviously superior knowledge ;)

• Haha 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Thought it was upskirting, but I bow to your obviously superior knowledge ;)

I think you are right mate, schoolboy error, regardless it was fun whilst it lasted 👍

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You don't think if it was Salah/DeBruyne/Fernandes they would play it over and over, tracking the speed, the distance, comparing it to other goals like that? Of course they would and they have

When?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

30 secs max for matches between teams outside the top 6. Liverpool v man city as a 0-0 gets 15 mins analysis

This just isn’t true though. It might have been once upon a time. And it was definitely true on shows like “The Premiership” when it was on ITV. that in particular was a disgrace. 

But MOTD these days is very balanced when it comes to time

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This just isn’t true though. It might have been once upon a time. And it was definitely true on shows like “The Premiership” when it was on ITV. that in particular was a disgrace. 

Disagree entirely. Next time the sky 6 play eachother it'll happen

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Disagree entirely. Next time the sky 6 play eachother it'll happen

No matches get 15 minutes of analysis. 

The games at the top of the running order get slightly more. And yes they will often be games between the “sky 6” because they are the games with more interest. 

But the idea that they get way way more analysis compared to the other games isn’t true anymore

• Like 4

I've just been listening to the new useless pundit to hit the BBC

Danny Rose in MotD 2. Who gives these jobs to these ex footballers. Not only can I not hear him, he looks like he is constantly reading off the screen. His main analysis on the Arsenal game was, "you can tell they love defending". 

You wot mate! 🤣

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I've just been listening to the new useless pundit to hit tge BBC

Danny Rose in MotD 2. Who gives these jobs to these ex footballers. Not only can I not hear him, he looks like he is constantly reading off the screen. His main analysis on the Arsenal game was, "you can tell they love defending". 

You wot mate! 🤣

“And here we have the goalkeeper…. He loves catching…. And that shot came from one of the opposition forwards, who I imagine really, really love shooting… and here’s the ref…”

”Ok. Ok, Danny… we get it. …and now for some insight on different Premier Inn rooms, here’s Jermaine Jenas”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

“And here we have the goalkeeper…. He loves catching…. And that shot came from one of the opposition forwards, who I imagine really, really love shooting… and here’s the ref…”

”Ok. Ok, Danny… we get it. …and now for some insight on different Premier Inn rooms, here’s Jermaine Jenas”

I know it sounds dafter but tbh it really annoyed me watching how dull and blaise he seemed. Your career drifted away without winning a great deal (as they often like title winners), and despite not being known for having much of a personality or particular intellect, you get given a great opportunity to be a pundit on a platform like MoTD2. Then proceed to mumble some nonesense. What a waste

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I remember that crap, I remember once when we beat Middlesbrough 5-2 away (our only away win that year) and I think they showed 6 seconds and two of the goals

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I remember that crap, I remember once when we beat Middlesbrough 5-2 away (our only away win that year) and I think they showed 6 seconds and two of the goals

Yep. That show was about an hour and 15 minutes of the highlights of the two biggest games, then everyone else just got literally the goals at the end of the show during the last 15 minutes

6 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

I know it sounds dafter but tbh it really annoyed me watching how dull and blaise he seemed. Your career drifted away without winning a great deal (as they often like title winners), and despite not being known for having much of a personality or particular intellect, you get given a great opportunity to be a pundit on a platform like MoTD2. Then proceed to mumble some nonesense. What a waste

Wasn’t Danny Rose one of those footballers who famously hating playing football and everything to do with it, but only did it for the obvious pay packet?

To have him as a pundit is ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Wasn’t Danny Rose one of those footballers who famously hating playing football and everything to do with it, but only did it for the obvious pay packet?

yep came to post the same

cant wait for the beeb to give a job for life to Ben "i dont watch football" White

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not sure about Danny but Michael Owen is in that category. 

8 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

This annoys me with an awful lot of pundits, particularly ex players or out of work managers. They get this opportunity to show their knowledge, yet most often they know very little about the teams or tactics they’re talking about. It always comes across that the only research they’ve done is the Book of Cliches.

With a show like MoTD and more so MoTD2  where more time is given to analytical talk, some research is needed. Yet it amazes me that ex players and managers (what you expect to be naturally knowledgeable) just have nothing notable to say. Watching last nights MoTD2 Mark Chapman seemed the most knowledgeable out of all three of them. Chappers was setting up both Danny and Theo up to let out a golden nugget.. yet neither could say anything beyond the obvious, worse yet say nothing as dry and flat as my arse. 

Is it that hard to find good personalities that know (or willing to know) their shit?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Can only assume the BBC were feeling charitable giving him a shot, the fact we as license payers facilitated that is galling.

Surely there must be some ex players who are capable of being articulate and knowledgeable? Or is it just a constant exercise in box ticking? 

25 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This annoys me with an awful lot of pundits, particularly ex players or out of work managers. They get this opportunity to show their knowledge, yet most often they know very little about the teams or tactics they’re talking about. It always comes across that the only research they’ve done is the Book of Cliches.

With a show like MoTD and more so MoTD2  where more time is given to analytical talk, some research is needed. Yet it amazes me that ex players and managers (what you expect to be naturally knowledgeable) just have nothing notable to say. Watching last nights MoTD2 Mark Chapman seemed the most knowledgeable out of all three of them. Chappers was setting up both Danny and Theo up to let out a golden nugget.. yet neither could say anything beyond the obvious, worse yet say nothing as dry and flat as my arse. 

Is it that hard to find good personalities that know (or willing to know) their shit?

Was a story about 15 years ago and I think it was about Lee Dixon bizarrely. But apparently he did some research on some teams and was talking tactics and he got laughed at off air by other pundits as being too geeky so stopped

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. That show was about an hour and 15 minutes of the highlights of the two biggest games, then everyone else just got literally the goals at the end of the show during the last 15 minutes

Even before that, Match of the Day had proper highlights of a few games then a goals roundup of the rest of the games.  It was only when the BBC got the rights back that they had commentary and highlights of every game.  The first 25 minutes of this MOTD was Manure against us and it was only an hour long episode.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â