Media and punditry

Jarpie

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s being reported now that Jenas asked for pictures of a woman in her bikini before sending her an unsolicited picture of his nob. Yep, that’ll get you sacked from most places. You’d be promoted in the old BBC days but times change.

Didn't even ask for nips?

It's amateur hour.

• Thanks 1

On 26/08/2024 at 21:01, T-Dog said:

I've said this for years now - Cricket pundits are so much better than football pundits, yet most have come through similar paths in their respective sports.

I realise there's a lot less cricket to 'pundit' on, so therefore a lot less people needed, but I've never understood why the gulf in quality is so large. 

At a guess, I suppose some of the best football analysts are probably still working in the game, instead of suppin' red wine on Soccer Saturday.  

I wouldn't say they have come through similar paths, most professional cricketers go through private school and the likes of Atherton and Hussain have university degrees.  You could count the number of footballers with A levels on one hand probably.  It's no surprise there is a big gap in quality of analysis really.

• Like 1

Not to be too charitable, because I do think there is a lot of very shit 'analysis' from famous faces in football punditry, but I would add that there are some additional challenges in analysing a game like football which isn't divided into set 'plays' in the way cricket or American football are. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s being reported now that Jenas asked for pictures of a woman in her bikini before sending her an unsolicited picture of his nob. Yep, that’ll get you sacked from most places. You’d be promoted in the old BBC days but times change.

So that is why I presume he initially acted a stout defence if he thought they just knew about the first offence, and then a screeching U turn when they knew about the second one and begged for forgiveness. 

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So that is why I presume he initially acted a stout defence if he thought they just knew about the first offence, and then a screeching U turn when they knew about the second one and begged for forgiveness. 

Yeah, asking for the bikini pic is creepy but might not be a certainty to be sackable. He was probably hoping that was all that was complained about and decided to fight for his job. Following up with a picture holding your fella certainly crosses the line and there’s no coming back from it.

Edited by Genie

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Classic office banter.

• Haha 1

I just don't get why some blokes think that's a good idea, even if it wasn't in the workplace.

"Have a look at this, love" doesn't give you an awful lot of room to manoeuvre if she's not interested.

It's also now a crime.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I just don't get why some blokes think that's a good idea, even if it wasn't in the workplace.

"Have a look at this, love" doesn't give you an awful lot of room to manoeuvre if she's not interested.

It's also now a crime.

I don't really get it, but is it perhaps the same thing as 'rape isn't about sex, it's about power'? ie, it's less about whether the woman is 'interested' and more about forcing her to see you sexually, even (perhaps especially) if she doesn't want to. 

• Like 1

On 03/09/2024 at 23:37, StewieGriffin said:

Just seen Amazon Prime's Champions League advert.

Didn't realise England only had 3 teams involved this season - only Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal seem to be competing in it 🤔 

I Was going to post this in the CL thread but thats been locked.

On 04/09/2024 at 20:32, villa89 said:

Well they aren't showing any of our games in their first five matches so it would be weird if villa were in the advert. 

Not really. Not when the advert is promoting their involvement in showing matches in the competition.

The actual advert says  ''Amazon brings the UEFA Champions League. 17 must watch matches this season. It's on Prime''

It's a scandalous that Villa are not included in the advert. Somebody from the club should be asking why we are not included. It's obvious bias.

I get that Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal would take centre stage but to not even show us is shameful.

Edited by imavillan
typo
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 13:46, fightoffyour said:

It's going to get you penilised at the very least

Bet he feels a right nob.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Jesus wept...

It's just an ad...

It's just an ad that goes out to millions and it's just the biggest club competition in the world, that we happen to be playing in for the first time in over 40 years.

Do you really believe if Man Utd would have qualified they would have been left out.

Any exposure helps our growth

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â