Media and punditry

Jarpie

No Rebecca Lowe today? ☹️ It's Ahmed Fareed instead, and he knows f*ck all about anything.

Edited by maqroll

Paul Merson is a nightmare on Soccer Saturday.

He's doing the Man City game and he's constantly shouting when other pundits are reporting.

It'a annoying and it's making him look like the idiot he is. Somebody should have a word with him.

He thinks it's the Paul Merson show.....hurry up and bugger off to make yourself look like a tit on the dancing show.

If only there was a better alternative to watch. 

Edited by imavillan
typo
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, imavillan said:

Paul Merson is a nightmare on Soccer Saturday.

He's doing the Man City game and he's constantly shouting when other pundits are reporting.

It'a annoying and it's making him look like the idiot he is. Somebody should have a word with him.

He thinks it's the Paul Merson show.....hurry up and bugger off to make yourself look like a tit on the dancing show.

A remnant of the equally dark days of soccer Saturday when every 30 seconds one of these berks would scream "chance!!!!" "Goal!!!!!!" "Oooooooh noooo!!!!"

You're 52 year old and it's 6-0 already calm your **** tits.

• Like 2

Punditry and analysis has been shocking on Sky and TNT for years, but this year it feels like it's got even worse.

The football department at Sky would do well to follow what their F1 department has done and bring in the equivalent of Bernie Collins. Someone who has worked behind the scenes at the top end and can breakdown why decisions are made and the various reasons for and against doing so.

But no doubt we'll continue to get the same old faces and every year we'll see one or two new faces who have retired from the men's or women's game added to it despite them adding nothing apart from the same old cliches. 

I really think more people watch Dermott Gallagher ( ref watch ) on SSN to see how terrible he is more than the insight.

He must still be on the pay role as an ambassador or something. It's just blatent bias 99% of the time.

7 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Punditry and analysis has been shocking on Sky and TNT for years, but this year it feels like it's got even worse.

The football department at Sky would do well to follow what their F1 department has done and bring in the equivalent of Bernie Collins. Someone who has worked behind the scenes at the top end and can breakdown why decisions are made and the various reasons for and against doing so.

But no doubt we'll continue to get the same old faces and every year we'll see one or two new faces who have retired from the men's or women's game added to it despite them adding nothing apart from the same old cliches. 

It would be nice and refreshing to have someone on their who isn't completely sky 6 centric

I've said this for years now - Cricket pundits are so much better than football pundits, yet most have come through similar paths in their respective sports.

I realise there's a lot less cricket to 'pundit' on, so therefore a lot less people needed, but I've never understood why the gulf in quality is so large. 

At a guess, I suppose some of the best football analysts are probably still working in the game, instead of suppin' red wine on Soccer Saturday.  

• Like 1

On 24/08/2024 at 15:33, imavillan said:

There is, paint drying or grass growing are two that spring to mind. Soccer Saturday has been god awful tripe for years. 

On 26/08/2024 at 21:01, T-Dog said:

I've said this for years now - Cricket pundits are so much better than football pundits, yet most have come through similar paths in their respective sports.

I realise there's a lot less cricket to 'pundit' on, so therefore a lot less people needed, but I've never understood why the gulf in quality is so large. 

At a guess, I suppose some of the best football analysts are probably still working in the game, instead of suppin' red wine on Soccer Saturday.  

Tribalism in football is the issue 

On 25/08/2024 at 09:36, rodders0223 said:

A remnant of the equally dark days of soccer Saturday when every 30 seconds one of these berks would scream "chance!!!!" "Goal!!!!!!" "Oooooooh noooo!!!!"

You're 52 year old and it's 6-0 already calm your **** tits.

I wouldn't cheer that loud if I won £250k on a scratch card, yet these clownshoes will woop and cheer when Michael Antonio heads a cross wide. 

Bunch of words removed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you're ever struggling with insomnia, dig out Joe Hart's MotD in depth analysis of Southampton's attempts to pass out from the back at Brentford yesterday. 

What a pairing he and Danny Murphy make. 😬😴😴😴

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, turnbull said:

If you're ever struggling with insomnia, dig out Joe Hart's MotD in depth analysis of Southampton's attempts to pass out from the back at Brentford yesterday. 

What a pairing he and Danny Murphy make. 😬😴😴😴

He just seems to speak a random stream of nonsense mixed in with clichés. "He's got the ball, can he find the pass. It's there. He's got the time to clear. Mbueno. Can he get there. Really strong in the challenge. Beautiful. And there it is. Lovely play." 

Hea trying to be another pundit, but i can't recall which one it is. It's a very dreary listen. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah it's actually analysis.

Yes, exactly - he explains, briefly, the decisions that goalkeepers and strikers make. It's interesting. 

His delivery is not perfect yet, I would agree - but last night was I think only his second or third time on. He'll get better, and I think he's an excellent addition. 

Give me him over any number of Danny Murphys, anyway. 

• Like 1

Gary Neville showing just how deluded he is claiming that Man United cannot be mid-table at Christmas, if so EtH has to go.

To be quite honest they still look an absolute basket case. Nothing tells me they have the right to be in the top 6. 

Ridiculous bias that has no substance.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â