Media and punditry

Jarpie

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Good news... Garth Crooks is no longer doing team of the week. Hopefully also means the BBC stop wasting some of our licence payers money on him. 

Bad news... just when you think things couldn't get any worse, the BBC have replaced him with Troy Deeney. Idiots.

The assumption is that the BBC want to keep it a laughing stock segment that generates clicks for being so bad. 

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

The assumption is that the BBC want to keep it a laughing stock segment that generates clicks for being so bad. 

If Troy Deaney does not prove the "tick the box" theory, your really kidding yourself.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If Troy Deaney does not prove the "tick the box" theory, your really kidding yourself.

As if thick white former footballer pundits aren't ten a penny. Jesus wept.

Fair enough if they've now got extra security on at Greggs, but maybe find something better to do with your time. 

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Good news... Garth Crooks is no longer doing team of the week. Hopefully also means the BBC stop wasting some of our licence payers money on him. 

Bad news... just when you think things couldn't get any worse, the BBC have replaced him with Troy Deeney. Idiots.

So, Watkins could score a perfect hattrick and wont get picked🤣 Trog Deeney, bloke has 2 brain cells and they both fight for 3rd place

• Haha 1

Just now, calcifer said:

So, Watkins could score a perfect hattrick and wont get picked🤣 Trog Deeney, bloke has 2 brain cells and they both fight for 3rd place

Whilst he is indeed a troglodyte,  the BBC have gone to great lengths to suggest he won't ignore Watkins. They've given him a big chunk of the article and the clickbait link that took me to the article referenced Watkins in the title. 

I'm not sure he'll ignore him, and I can't imagine he'll be significantly worse than Garth, but I do wonder why the BBC throw the worst option at this feature. If they don't like it, just get rid of it. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Whilst he is indeed a troglodyte,  the BBC have gone to great lengths to suggest he won't ignore Watkins. They've given him a big chunk of the article and the clickbait link that took me to the article referenced Watkins in the title. 

I'm not sure he'll ignore him, and I can't imagine he'll be significantly worse than Garth, but I do wonder why the BBC throw the worst option at this feature. If they don't like it, just get rid of it. 

Bloke is a Bluenose, it is a given he will exclude Watkins at least once after a great game to appease them!  

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I liked Laura Woods as well, shame

Can't read the article but I assume it references the gender tests that were performed by Russian influenced IOC and for which neither the actual test performed nor its results have ever been published?

There's an eye test that makes me question their gender, but I've not seen any actual evidence that says they're not female. And the decision by the IOC to hide what the test was and showed makes me inclined to believe its not a reliable test.

Edited by MrBlack
That should say IBA not IOC

34 minutes ago, calcifer said:

He was praising Ollie last season and during the Euros

28 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Can't read the article but I assume it references the gender tests that were performed by Russian influenced IOC and for which neither the actual test performed nor its results have ever been published?

There's an eye test that makes me question their gender, but I've not seen any actual evidence that says they're not female. And the decision by the IOC to hide what the test was and showed makes me inclined to believe its not a reliable test.

Not an IOC test, but the Boxing lot but apart from that all correct.

And later on in her replies she asks for proof of the tests that show they're women.

Burden of proof here is that they aren't, it's really disappointing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was praising Ollie last season and during the Euros

I must have missed that, I remember his "winger trying to be a striker" comment, since then I pretty much ignored anything that come out the trogs mouth. 

Wonder when he is doing the Goonies reunion? 

On 13/08/2024 at 11:29, MrBlack said:

Was over the moon until I read who was replacing him, I'll almost miss Crooks' 235 formations to squeeze as many Arsenal and Man City players in

As expected, pretty much every media outlet's predictions have severely underestimated Villa's prospects for the coming season while hyping the usual suspects (Tottenham, Man Utd, Chelsea). I'm happy for us to prove them wrong again as we did when no one thought we'd finish seventh, or that we'd balance Europe and the league, or that we'd finish above the big six teams and get CL.

8 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

As expected, pretty much every media outlet's predictions have severely underestimated Villa's prospects for the coming season while hyping the usual suspects (Tottenham, Man Utd, Chelsea). I'm happy for us to prove them wrong again as we did when no one thought we'd finish seventh, or that we'd balance Europe and the league, or that we'd finish above the big six teams and get CL.

I think 6th this season will be a great result

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

As long as we don't bin the cups off so do I

Cups always need context as to what the draw is and who knocks us out but I want a cup 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Sure, but why should Chelsea with their mess of a squad or Spurs, who have only added one guaranteed first 11 player and have Europe to contend with same as us, be a better bet for top four? I don't think there's much logic to the predictions, just big six familiarity. 

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Panto villain Jordan Jarrett Bryan predicted 2nd for us on the Guardian.

IMG_20240815_152938.thumb.jpg.32fee6d14404627e9e19e731beca76cd.jpgAbsolute nonsense, Mainoo is obviously decent and glides across the pitch well but even Bellingham is much closer to the style and effectiveness of Zidane. Mainoo never really plays in the advanced midfield positions either. Glad Villa don't have much more that Gabby to create embarrassment like this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â