Media and punditry

Jarpie

On 16/06/2023 at 21:56, The_Steve said:

Christ that’s embarrassing. 

They aren't wrong tho sadly. In terms of revenue, these will continue to be the big 7 clubs for some time. We cannot compete with any of them in that regard.

Also, The sky 6 have been playing regularly in the CL year on year for decades, in rotation of course, and Newcastle are owned by Saudi Arabia now so will be in Europe every year forevermore going forward.

It's annoying to see shit like that, but they are not wrong.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

They aren't wrong tho sadly. In terms of revenue, these will continue to be the big 7 clubs for some time. We cannot compete with any of them in that regard.

Also, The sky 6 have been playing regularly in the CL year on year for decades, in rotation of course, and Newcastle are owned by Saudi Arabia now so will be in Europe every year forevermore going forward.

It's annoying to see shit like that, but they are not wrong.

revenue maybe but I be shocked if Spurs finish top ten this season; Chelsea might also struggle too

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

revenue maybe but I be shocked if Spurs finish top ten this season; Chelsea might also struggle too

I will be gobsmacked if both of them aren't top half and even top 8.

That's the thing with the revenues these clubs generate, they don't stay down too long before bouncing right back.

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I have no idea why people still tune into Talkshite.

it’s just extremely dumbed down sports journalism combined with bear baiting to get money in. 

The presenters are no longer informative or knowledgeable - just being controversial or outlandish is now enough.

Haven’t intentionally listened to it for years now.

I don't but at the same time it tells you everything you need to know - the soundbites keep popping up on my social media, that's what they are and what they want soundbitefm

They will spout utter utter shite in the hope that it pops on twitter

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Danny MUrphy suggested Rice should go on strike to force a transfer. What a scumbag

modern journalism is all about views and clicks. danny murphy saying something like "fair play to west ham holding out for their price" would get bugger all social media interactions. danny murphy saying rice should go on strike would get everyone riled up, not just west ham fans. gets clicks. gets interactions on socials. gets views on youtube.

he's a prick, but he's just doing his job, which is to be as controversial as possible. the best thing to do is not click or interact on the socials when you see these headlines pop up

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I have no idea why people still tune into Talkshite.

it’s just extremely dumbed down sports journalism combined with bear baiting to get money in. 

The presenters are no longer informative or knowledgeable - just being controversial or outlandish is now enough.

Haven’t intentionally listened to it for years now. 

I quite like White and Jordan, mainly for Simon Jordan. Laura Woods and McCoist are listenable too. However, Alan Brazil is a buffoon, Gabby is an embarrassment as a Villa representative (the sooner someone overtakes him as our leading Prem scorer the better). Hate the pair of idiots in the afternoon - Hawksbee and Jacob’s I think it is. Terrible. I selectively listen to the people I’m interested in - but agree most of their presenters are trash. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I quite like White and Jordan, mainly for Simon Jordan. Laura Woods and McCoist are listenable too. However, Alan Brazil is a buffoon, Gabby is an embarrassment as a Villa representative (the sooner someone overtakes him as our leading Prem scorer the better). Hate the pair of idiots in the afternoon - Hawksbee and Jacob’s I think it is. Terrible. I selectively listen to the people I’m interested in - but agree most of their presenters are trash. 

Jordan in the shining light 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â