Media and punditry

Jarpie

5 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Sky Sports News coverage of Mourinho's appointment is embarrassing.  Is like they have thrown any pretense  about integrity or balance out the window and have just decided to talk about Mourinho for 2-3 days.  Are they all Man Utd fans or something.  Let us know when you're done you juvenile clearings in the woods!  rant over.

It;s fair to say that there isn't a more pointless concept in the world of TV than 24 hour sports 'news'.

• Like 2

If it pisses you off, why pay for it? I wouldn't give the words removed a penny and I just wish they'd go bust.

• Like 1

dont like the guy but Thierry Henry did a good Euros documentary for BBC regarding culture of football and great clips from the past

he has a lot more range than Sky really allow him

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

dont like the guy but Thierry Henry did a good Euros documentary for BBC regarding culture of football and great clips from the past

he has a lot more range than Sky really allow him

Naturally not as bad when he's reading a script. 

Stopped listened to talksport a while back, but thought I'd give it another run pre euros (they do get some reasonable interviews etc). Adrian Durham and Goighie are complete morons though... They've just said that Wayne Rooney, is England's Troy Deeney (talking about his leadership role).... 1)Deeney is English 2) Rooney has probably captained Utd more than Deeney has Watford. The other day they also called Deeney a true gentleman!! This is a bloke who stamped on someone's head some gentleman....Just shows they'll blow smoke up the arse of anyone who speaks to them... Back to heart and cheesy music for me

Slaven Bilic is great in the Euro studio. Tries to add a bit more actual tactical analysis and doesn't just sit there and nod as other pundits make mundane points. He's bringing the best out of the others and inspiring better chat.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

Slaven Bilic is great in the Euro studio. Tries to add a bit more actual tactical analysis and doesn't just sit there and nod as other pundits make mundane points. He's bringing the best out of the others and inspiring better chat.

I liked his argument with Hoddle about Modric's goal.

• Like 1

I liked when he dropped the F bomb :D

As much as I dislike Hoddle and generally disagree with him I think he had a point and a better keeper would have saved that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't describe how much I hate Lawro as a commentator.

Completely awful. When he isn't making terrible "jokes", he's moaning about something. Does he even like football?

Genuinely ruins games for me. Absolute word removed.

He's just terrible. As you say, even worse as a commentator.

Pearce is a loud mouth oaf (what the hell was that mirror anecdote?) but at least you can tell he enjoys his job.

I'm pretty sure Lawro hasn't enjoyed football since circa 1987.

• Like 2

He commentates like a man who knows he has a job for life and can do whatever he wants. 

Barely commentates on the game, makes snidey comments, spends most of the time making cynical jokes, and openly admits to knowing nothing about the game or the players playing it.

He's an embarrassment. BBC Sport could do with someone with no loyalties to cut a few old boys from their punditry and commentating.

• Like 4

He's the kind of bloke who's happy when it rains so he has something to moan about, I absolutely despise him, he's never been positive about anything. I'm surprised he's not been found dangling from a light fitting by now.

• Like 2

he's part of the old if its not broke dont fix it attitude at BBC football 

the problem is it is broke, i dont care if more people watch the final on BBC than ITV or if the MOTD figures are still good, its broke and needs improving, its like they're stuck in the mud rather than moving with the times

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â