Media and punditry

Jarpie

Posted (edited)

I take anything I ever said about Micah Richards back. This is unbearable, think he didnt score until the 5th shout

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

On 03/06/2024 at 18:50, Zatman said:

I take anything I ever said about Micah Richards back. This is unbearable, think he didnt score until the 5th shout

He acts like a mad bloke you'd move away from on public transport.

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He acts like a mad bloke you'd move away from on public transport.

• Haha 1

On 03/06/2024 at 18:50, Zatman said:

"3 for 100 Rio?"

"Well, I'm supposed to commentating on TV in a minu... Oh **** it, meet you outside" 

Viera on Stick To Football, with Neville, Wright, Keane and Carragher.

Enjoyable listen, considering for me at least, when I first started watching football other than Villa, I always made sure to watch the Utd vs Arsenal games as they were fierce and Keane and Viera wanted to kick the sh*t out of each other.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funniest thing about England playing dour football in a tournament is the absolute shock from the pundits. Its like they never watched Southgate teams before and think they will just burst into life

The only thing surprising me is that after watching the last few tournaments they seem to have collectively realised that the emperor is wearing no clothes. Better late than never.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Cards on the table, I like Lineker. I think he’s a good presenter. So I am bit biased.

I think the main problem with him being a presenter is, as a presenter, he kinda has to defer to the panel and ask THEIR opinions when more often than not, his opinion is more interesting and better articulated.

It was nice watching him get invested about the issue with Kane’s game tonight. But by and large, he has to ask Rio and Micah their views instead.

If he sticks to football then he's very knowledgeable.  He shouid be. He was a great striker for England and actually performed well in world cups. 

29 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Cards on the table, I like Lineker. I think he’s a good presenter. So I am bit biased.

I think the main problem with him being a presenter is, as a presenter, he kinda has to defer to the panel and ask THEIR opinions when more often than not, his opinion is more interesting and better articulated.

It was nice watching him get invested about the issue with Kane’s game tonight. But by and large, he has to ask Rio and Micah their views instead.

He was spot on, it's nice to see how animated he was in general, I can't remember him struggling to hold his thoughts on a match back that much before. Glad he just let it out and told it as it was.

• Like 1

This article is so on the money. Totally worth a read. 
Cesc Fabregas embarrasses the sound and fury of English pundits

Flanked by Rio Ferdinand and Micah Richards, Fabregas's BBC appearance in England's opener has drawn widespread praise - but it should be the norm

You only need to hear Cesc Fabregas speak for a fleeting moment to realise he’s different. There’s a deeply refreshing quality to that smooth Iberian lilt, a blazered oasis in a vast desert of inanity and buffoonery. We’ve heard from Fabregas before, but flanked by Rio Ferdinand and Micah Richards on the BBC’s coverage of England’s Euro 2024 opener, his value has never been clearer.  

To his credit, Ferdinand put on a turtleneck and toned down the teenage play-acting long enough to avoid incessantly shouting “Ballon d’Or”, a la the Champions League final. Yet all that remained was a reminder he has very little insight or critical ability to share.
:snip:

• Like 2

Is it just me or does it seem like we're getting bombarded with news or opinions from former players.  The past few months all i've seen is Keane this, Ferdinand that.  They're everywhere, we see them more than we see current footballers.  The other month there was about 5 different Wayne Rooney articles on the same front page.  

• Like 2

Ex players being good pundits, knowing about the coaching and tactics of football because they have played and watched a few games is a bit of a myth. 

I mean it's like trying to explain to people how they get the stories and print the papers having only ever been a paperboy. 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â