Media and punditry

Jarpie

6 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

How Murphy is going to spin Gerrard going to the Saudi league as a benefit will be fun to watch.

He is bringing his expertise to grow the game worldwide

BT sport making a 2bn loss might see a few improvements to the TV offering from TNT when the ownership changes.

Surely they can't just be planning the same thing under a new banner.

Ultimately though, it wasn't their shambolic commentary and punditry that cost them. It was the fact they had to pay so much for the rights in the first place. Football can't continue that way, although that is for a different thread I guess. 

Hopefully TNT offer something better than BT sport in the way of its football coverage.

14 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Daily Mail poll. FFS 🤢

Capture.JPG

Is that legit?

They clearly think ours and Brighton's season were a one off, same as chelseas and Tottenham, but that Newcastle's wasn't.

There's no way that just because of the ownerships funds, newcastle are being treated to this exposure.

There must be hundreds of back handers from Saudi, to anyone that will take them, if they toe the line.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is that legit?

They clearly think ours and Brighton's season were a one off, same as chelseas and Tottenham, but that Newcastle's wasn't.

There's no way that just because of the ownerships funds, newcastle are being treated to this exposure.

There must be hundreds of back handers from Saudi, to anyone that will take them, if they toe the line.

It’s real 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12197859/Premier-League-fixtures-team-hardest-softest-six-games.html

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is that legit?

It's totally real, I snipped it from their main sports page. At least all you now need to be a big club is to be owned by journo killing, sportswashing, oil rich, filth.

Edited by Jonesy7211

33 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

It's totally real, I snipped it from their main sports page. At least all you now need to be a big club is to be owned by journo killing, sportswashing, oil rich, filth.

In fairness the journo killing is probably why the media are in love with them

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Is that legit?

In fairness there's a good chance they're right. 

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In fairness there's a good chance they're right. 

Really? Newcastle only have a small amount over us on FFP available spends this season  and I would rather have our first 11 than theirs. 

If next season they maintain top 4 and we drop down then fair enough, but at this stage it's ludicrous to include them, and Spurs and Cheslea, but not us.

Spurs losing Kane and generally having an aging squad. Cheslea having completely imploded and likely to find themselves falling foul of FFP unless they have a miraculous up turn in form next season.

I couldn't care less what the daily mail actually think,  but it points to the fact they're being paid to say that. And no,  I won't click on it to give then the traffic so its not having their desired intent.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why are they raving about Trent's performance being a masterclass in Midfield. It was f****ing Malta??  Safegate is also talking like he is now the genius of tactical nous and Klopp could learn a bit from him. 😂

It's so ridiculous. Even if they caveat it with "but it was only malta", its not enough.  The article shouldn't even have been written. Pick any PL football and they'd do a job there against Malta.

Is the media worse than it used to be or has it always been this bad, and I've just got more cynical as I've aged?

Glad to see Tyler gone, his commentary the last few years have been awful, no more “and it’s live” crap 🙂I hope we get Ian Darke back on comms, i see a few reporters have got the chop aswell

144560DC-C393-41E7-A559-B30F6C46785B.jpeg

Edited by rbcuk

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Glad to see Tyler gone, his commentary the last few years have been awful, no more “and it’s live” crap 🙂I hope we get Ian Darke back on comms, i see a few reporters have got the chop aswell

144560DC-C393-41E7-A559-B30F6C46785B.jpeg

Dickie Davis must have been commentating from the grave.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â