Media and punditry

Jarpie

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Micah Richards is completely spot on. I hope he's wrong but I don’t think he is!

we have averaged just shy of 2ppg with Emery who only made one addition to the team, I think it's not unreasonable to assume we will be pushing into top 6. And that means fighting for CL football.

Laughing it out of the room is unreasonable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

we have averaged just shy of 2ppg with Emery who only made one addition to the team, I think it's not unreasonable to assume we will be pushing into top 6. And that means fighting for CL football.

It bugs me that they think we and Brighton have hit a ceiling, but Newcastle haven’t. Just their flavour of the month. The disrespect from the media is tiring. I’m glad someone on the panel was talking sense about us though. 

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

How often do you see teams like us get into Europe with players and squads that don't have the size of experienced or travelling half way round Europe every other week?

It's taxing mentally, physically, you train less, the details per game become less.

We've got a hell of a lot of work to even stand still next season with our current squad.

I have faith in Emery but if we stand still next season that's a hell of a job. We've overachieved massively.

It'll be a hell of a job to build a squad with 6 or 7 new faces I imagine and stand still in the league.

• Like 4

Bloke on Sky Sports earlier says everyone he has spoken to connected to the club and various agents have all said we are going absolutely massive in the Transfer Window this summer. 

Hope to god he's reliable. 

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It bugs me that they think we and Brighton have hit a ceiling, but Newcastle haven’t. Just their flavour of the month. The disrespect from the media is tiring. I’m glad someone on the panel was talking sense about us though. 

They don't even talk about Newcastle and very briefly say "...and it'll be the same for Brighton".  There's literally no disrespect there at all - they're discussing the merits of us challenging for a Champions League spot.  Every single point raised there is valid.  We haven't been tested at all on the Saturday-Thursday-Sunday-Wednesday or whatever pattern.  Chelsea, Spurs and to an extent Liverpool have all had disappointing seasons and you'd expect them to improve.

This weird outrage from "the media" is getting so **** tiresome.  I thought we were better than that.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bloke on Sky Sports earlier says everyone he has spoken to connected to the club and various agents have all said we are going absolutely massive in the Transfer Window this summer. 

Fed up of the disrespect in the media, we're not just some money club like Newcastle.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Fed up of the disrespect in the media, we're not just some money club like Newcastle.

Having regular positive mentions in the press is hugely beneficial. The profile of the club quietly increases without the team on the pitch necessarily playing well. You wonder if high profile pundits are in "off the books" employ of some of the larger, shady clubs.

Just a cheeky 100 grand a year to say a few nice things in the press. Here you go Micah, and you Jamie.

Just wondering....

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would bet my houses on it

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How often do you see teams like us get into Europe with players and squads that don't have the size of experienced or travelling half way round Europe every other week?

It's taxing mentally, physically, you train less, the details per game become less.

We've got a hell of a lot of work to even stand still next season with our current squad.

I have faith in Emery but if we stand still next season that's a hell of a job. We've overachieved massively.

It'll be a hell of a job to build a squad with 6 or 7 new faces I imagine and stand still in the league.

With the backing of multi billionaire owners who are prepared to put their hands in the pocket and the manager who can make average players to look like world beaters in less than six months, I have every faith we will be pushing that top 4  hard next season, I believe in the Villa, and for the first time in over 40 years not only in song format

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Rio Ferdinand is dislikeable

Decided to brief the media on what a Representative for Wellingborough he thinks Balotelli is . .  . the morning after his first ever appearance as a pundit. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â