Media and punditry

Jarpie

Why when Bielsa is interviewed do we have to listen to his answer and then the one from his sidekick in English. Can’t we just have the translation?

On another note... remember the days before teams set traps and pressed? Or before pockets of space where a thing? When did pundits talk about?

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

It just occurred to me that I can't tell the difference between Joe Speight and Trevor Francis. Are they from the same area?

Is that who it is? I've heard a commentator loads of times who I would have sworn is Trevor Francis. 

Nasal conditions must be more common that I thought. 

36 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Why when Bielsa is interviewed do we have to listen to his answer and then the one from his sidekick in English. Can’t we just have the translation?

On another note... remember the days before teams set traps and pressed? Or before pockets of space where a thing? When did pundits talk about?

Overloads. It's all about the overloads there fella.

Something something overloads.

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Most of them will only dare mention anything once it becomes cliché and they're safe.

There's zero insight among 95% of TV pundits it's an embarrassment.

BT/Sky better get with it because they're in real danger over the next 10 years as content providers like the PL get their own platform. There's teenagers on YouTube with more football knowledge than most pundits.

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is that who it is? I've heard a commentator loads of times who I would have sworn is Trevor Francis. 

Nasal conditions must be more common that I thought. 

It's not Joe Speights, it's Tony Gale that sounds exactly like Trevor Francis. Speights is a main commentator. He called our game yesterday.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Jordan Jarrett Bryan. Ok he is not a fan of Smith but he talks mostly rubbish. I am fed of up this revisionist history of the Shef Utd keeping us up. What about the ludicrous disallowed goal at Palace?

The Crystal Palace incident happened well before pre lockdown. Nobody (other than Villa fans) remember it as a result.

The ESPN FC crew do my **** head in. Other than Shaka Hislop, they are all the most annoying and useless people possible. Javier Moreno takes the cake though. I see red. 

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The ESPN FC crew do my **** head in. Other than Shaka Hislop, they are all the most annoying and useless people possible. Javier Moreno takes the cake though. I see red. 

watch them on Youtube, Stuart Robson and Burley are good and Don Hutchinson is decent but Nicol is just all Liverpool and Shaka hasnt a clue but seems entertaining. Ale Moreno just loves Messi and Barcelona its a bit sad that he is a professional fanboy

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Jordan Jarrett Bryan. Ok he is not a fan of Smith but he talks mostly rubbish. I am fed of up this revisionist history of the Shef Utd keeping us up. What about the ludicrous disallowed goal at Palace?

We can go down a rabbit hole of VAR decisions starting with the Palace incident, but if you level the playing field and take VAR out of the equation, Villa actually get 2 more points and move up a place. The bottom 3 remains the same. The Hawkeye talking point is so tired, selective and revisionist. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2021 at 22:47, TrentVilla said:

And why can he not look at the camera, stands there staring at the ground like he’s just been told off

On 03/01/2021 at 00:11, maqroll said:

It's actually really uncanny the similarity.

There’s someone on just lately who sounds for all the world like Stanley Victor. Haven’t worked out who it is yet. 

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

There’s someone on just lately who sounds for all the world like Stanley Victor. Haven’t worked out who it is yet. 

It’s Lee Hendrie they sound so alike I struggled to tell them apart and I used to know Lee

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to say since they sacked le tissier, thompson and nicholas. Soccer Saturday sucks. 

Its not entertaining in the slightest 

it wasnt entertaining before though, it was just a bunch of people using catchphrases and the same scenario everyweek, not to mention the "banter" was shocking. Le Tissier ranting about refs, Charlie Nicholas getting dramatic and shouting over people for a throw in, Merse forgetting names because its funny he cant say long names, Thompson jsut bringing Liverpool into it and Chris Kamara shouting unbelievable at everything. Not to mention hosted by a clearing in the woods like Stelling with his xenophobic agenda against foreign coaches 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

it wasnt entertaining before though, it was just a bunch of people using catchphrases and the same scenario everyweek, not to mention the "banter" was shocking. Le Tissier ranting about refs, Charlie Nicholas getting dramatic and shouting over people for a throw in, Merse forgetting names because its funny he cant say long names, Thompson jsut bringing Liverpool into it and Chris Kamara shouting unbelievable at everything. Not to mention hosted by a clearing in the woods like Stelling with his xenophobic agenda against foreign coaches 

Im sorry but i would take that over this current model of lame and unfunny pundits than clinton morrison and bores like tony cottee.

They have made a collosal cock up. You wait stelling will quit and they will all move over to BT and wipe the floor with soccer Saturday 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â