Media and punditry

Jarpie

58 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Speaking of commentators, I really like Ian Darke who called our game yesterday. Doesn't seem to be on as much as he used to. Really reminds me of the golden age of the PL of the late 2000's (also happened to be our golden age in the PL). Pretty sure he commentated on our win at the Emirates in 2009 when Gabby scored that great winner late on.

He works for US tv now, he is often on ESPN US punditry show

• Like 1

On 08/11/2020 at 22:29, YouUnastanFren said:

Just noticed Lawro has now predicted 5 consecutive losses for us. What a dork

He predicted Liverpool to lose at the weekend.

It was the first time he'd predicted them to lose in 159 league games, stretching back to 2015/16 (I think)

19 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but I've always quite liked Troy Deeney - he's the perfect pantomime villain when it comes to Villa, but always seems pretty down to Earth and (dare I say it...) is pretty amusing.  He seems to enjoy getting and giving some stick in a "banter" type way.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Still trying to determine just what Trevor Francis adds to in-game analysis.

He can be introduced as Britians first £1m player and that's about it. The most dreary word removed going. Apparently the players ran rings around him at birmingham

I won't hide the fact that I don't like Liverpool on anyone associated with them.

But what the feck was Danny Murphy talking about on MOTD last night. Every sentence he spoke seemed to completely contradict the sentence before !!!

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Efan Ekoku? I like him. Ian Darke the main commentator is one of my favorites. He seems to only call Arsenal games for some reason.

I think so. He just seems to describe what happens in the most obvious terms. 

Anyone catch the Liverpool Wolves game on Prime Video? I thought the punditry was so much better, and not to hear Carragher, Souness, or Redknapp 'commentating' on Liverpool was so refreshing. In fact, I'd say the coverage they've been doing for all the sports on Amazon is of better value than anything on Sky.

Edited by Jonesy7211

I prefer listening to radio commentary to the TV pundits.  At least they seem to have different co-commentators on.  Whenever I watch a TV game it's always the same old faces. 

Even though I've got Prime I didn't watch it yesterday.  In all fairness I don't watch much non-villa football anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Danny Higginbotham was in the NBC studio for the only game today, and my word. Thought he was absolutely outstanding, and very insightful 

Seen him a few times, always thought he was very good.

Most won't have him because he hasn't won anything. But they'll have the airheads like Keown and morons like Savage.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â