Media and punditry

Jarpie

phil neville is an awful commentator. Was stuck watching american stream for last night game. His voice is just terrible over 90 mins.

Gary neville still easily best pundit. Find the logic of "he failed at valancia so wtf does he know"  very weird and short term thinking

Edited by gharperr

Can anyone listening to radio 5 tell me what on earth David Pleat is blathering on about?

Its utter drivel, just utter drivel. His co commentator pretty much ignores anything he says and carries on like his working in a care home.

How can he get paid for this?

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Can anyone listening to radio 5 tell me what on earth David Pleat is blathering on about?

Its utter drivel, just utter drivel. His co commentator pretty much ignores anything he says and carries on like his working in a care home.

He's been abysmal for years. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, and his efforts at pronouncing even fairly simple foreign names are beyond aggravating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Probably just killing time before he goes kerb crawling after the game. 

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I actually like Dixon as a pundit, certainly better than the likes of shearer, Jason Roberts and savage. 

I guess for me, it's always either him or Graeme Le Saux, and Le Saux is a million times better.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mark Lawrenson, Niall Quinn, Jamie Redknapp, Iain Dowie, Robbie Savage I owe you all an apology

Danny Murphy is easily the biggest rocket polisher working in football commentary today

I quite like him. 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Amazed he was so pro Spurs today...I thought he had a poor time there?

From what I can recall, he's always been pretty disparaging about Villa. Dunno why but a lot of pundits in the media don't seem to like us very much.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

From what I can recall, he's always been pretty disparaging about Villa. Dunno why but a lot of pundits in the media don't seem to like us very much.

With the exception of about 4-5 seasons in the past 2 decades, we've mostly just stunk out the league making up the numbers, playing bad football. It's not hard to see why neutrals don't care for us too much.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

With the exception of about 4-5 seasons in the past 2 decades, we've mostly just stunk out the league making up the numbers, playing bad football. It's not hard to see why neutrals don't care for us too much.

It's not neutrals opinions of us I have a problem with, it's the way we get treated by pundits and commentators who are supposed to be reasonably impartial.

I'd say it was the usual paint by numbers BBC affair

1st pundit "villa were rubbish today"

2nd pundit "villa were rubbish today"

throw in lineker and another pundit all nodding along, throw in the 2 commentators for 90 minutes, they all get paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to say "villa were rubbish today" not a single one of those six has the ability, nor the BBC the agenda, to even try and start to explain why villa were poor today other than it being how Bruce wanted us to play

i might be wrong here and I'm happy for someone to shout up to say they heard it but I don't remember any of them mentioning kodjia and ayew missing after saying we were useless attacking

• Like 4

The collection of pundits has always been pretty terrible on the BBC but a lot of it is down to the scripted/fake tone of the discussion set down by Lineker. Mark Chapman is a far superior host. That being said you will never get an interesting debate with the likes of Shearer and Jenas.

Kevin Kilbane is doing a fair bit of radio stuff over here (nightly sportshow) and is an affable character. As a pundit he isn't brilliant but he does offer some good anecdotes from his time as a player. Cesc Fabregas is the player he hates the most due to his gobby nature, the referee Chris Foy was training with Wigan one time and wore a pair of personalised boots with Foyboy wrote on them and Kevin Kilbane has an unhealthy fascination with player with hair transplants.

I thought Danny Murphy comments bad but this is complete stupidity from Michael Owen

"If I was one of those Plymouth players, I'd rather draw than win.

"Now they will have two games that they'll remember for the rest of their careers.

these TV stations are really hurt that the shit games they picked for TV actually turned out to be shit

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â